Sign in to follow this  
dms (DayZ)

Stairwells and install broken bones

yes thats a typo, its not "install" its instant. Upon touching the railing I instantly broke a bone on the bottom of the stairs. Which when i fell to the ground from the broken bone placed me in a space between the stairs and the basement/ground under the house. Which repeatedly broke my bones untill death, about 10 secs. The stairs seem a touch buggy to me.

Edited by dms

Just the mod is alpha.. The whole "walking up and down stairs" part of the game is more than 3 years old!

and alpha or not, we are testing this ALpha and im letting devs know (which they im sure already know) that the stairs have some serious issues.

... it's an ARMA engine issue. I doubt it get's fixed , unless you go to speak to the right (ARMA) forums u know.

Edited by ΑzaZeL

hmm, it may be a ARMA issue but there at least can be some thing like less chance to break a bone and fall into graphic limbo between stairs and ground/basement of house and die. How about .002% chance to break a leg bone on stairs. I've been going up and down stairs for a long time, running, with stuff, and never have i broke a bone. :) then again i wasnt being chased by zombies