So I make notes on my map, places that have supplies and all. Then I change servers and open map again and the notes are gone. And it's like this all the time... why?

Also on one server it seemed like I could see where my character was on the map, but on other servers I couldn't. Also, why?

Sory I'm new to arma2..

To my knowledge the notes are server side and everyone on the server can see the notes you save on the map, you're better off just adding in notes through a image editor or something of this sort. I wish you luck with your following adventures comrade!

Man I applaud you people for being able to stay alive so long to actually care about these things. I have a hard time wanting to even bother getting anything and just explore. Knowing at any moment I'm going to die. It's tough. I mean all the work you put into notes and what not. Not even actually knowing if they will spawn there again or not. And the time it take's to even get back and forth to those places or w/e. Unless your just mapping out places near the spawn then alright. Damn I wish I could care about this stuff more lol. Plus the in game map takes so long to access. It's easier for me to just alt-tab to one with english/russian names. /shrug

I'd suggest printing out a map and just writing notes on that. It's what I've been doing. I don't have a map in game, but a compass. So I used to printed map to track where I've been, good spots etc.

So I make notes on my map' date=' places that have supplies and all. Then I change servers and open map again and the notes are gone. And it's like this all the time... why?

Also on one server it seemed like I could see where my character was on the map, but on other servers I couldn't. Also, why?

Sory I'm new to arma2..

[/quote']

Well done wanting to learn your fieldcraft.

As stated, maps are serverside. Take a screen shot for later use.

Map marks are seen by others by way of channel selection --side, group, etc.

So place marks in vehicle or maybe direct chat for your eyes only.

Also, arrow up/down will cycle different marks; SHIFT+up/down arrows cycle colors.

Oh, and seeing yourself on the map is a function of server difficulty setting.

map notes are stored server-side and are visible to everyone in the game. you'll see yourself on the map on regular difficulty servers, veteran servers have this disabled

Man I applaud you people for being able to stay alive so long to actually care about these things. I have a hard time wanting to even bother getting anything and just explore. Knowing at any moment I'm going to die. It's tough. I mean all the work you put into notes and what not. Not even actually knowing if they will spawn there again or not. And the time it take's to even get back and forth to those places or w/e. Unless your just mapping out places near the spawn then alright. Damn I wish I could care about this stuff more lol. Plus the in game map takes so long to access. It's easier for me to just alt-tab to one with english/russian names. /shrug

it took me like 3 days and some 20+ hours of gaming to finally last longer than a day in th egame and actually get the needed gear to go north.

But once you know your way around the coast you will be able to get the gear you need to be ready to travel north easy.

You will need compass and a map either in-game map or printed map and a primary weapon.

I also highly suggest you get 2 or 3 water bottles a hunting knife and box of matches. i have found tons of knives but only found matches twice so that migh ttake awhile.

it took me like 3 days and some 20+ hours of gaming to finally last longer than a day in th egame and actually get the needed gear to go north.

But once you know your way around the coast you will be able to get the gear you need to be ready to travel north easy.

You will need compass and a map either in-game map or printed map and a primary weapon.

I also highly suggest you get 2 or 3 water bottles a hunting knife and box of matches. i have found tons of knives but only found matches twice so that might take awhile.

Appreciate it man, but I know what need and what not. It's just no matter what I have do, I always end up dying with bags full of stuff that took forever to get. Maybe I do rush it a bit sometimes and need to spread out my play time a bit more. But just collecting all that stuff and then roll up on a player or one that you haven't seen just shoots you. It's rough. I just don't like not having a chance. Like when I get knocked unconscious by z's I can't do anything. And by the time I can I'm dead anyway. Again, with everything that took awhile to get hehe. I'm still playing though and trying to be a bit more aware. But even still...it's rough. I mean if I'm sitting there looting in a barn and someone come's up from behind me. I really can't hear them. So even then no matter how hard you tried to stay aware you still get fucked. It is what it is and I accept that. It's just hard on me sometimes to want to keep collecting losing, collecting losing. Over and over and over again.

Well it really comes down to joining a group. but you still need to know how to avoid zeds AND how to move between locations to avoid players aswell.

pretty much use the woods to move between locations then scan the area where you want to go for a good 5 mins b4 you go there.

Having a group is awesome but unless you know how to travel you will just die b4 you can link up with them.

Well it really comes down to joining a group.

Yeah that's not going to happen. Been there done that. I want to play the game. Not sit there and wait for other's to get on, wait the time it take's to find each other, get on vent, mumble, etc. to communicate. Then once we get together share loot and list goes on. I'm a stingy bitch. I seriously hate gaming with other's. Even my closest friends lol. I do however like them to be around in the world. Meaning if I want to help them out or w/e running into them somewhere I will or visa versa. Like I said I accept it for what it is, it just sucks sometimes is all. No worries.