foliveira1982@gmail.com

DayZ has much to learn

Dayz Uses improvements from ACE and has the credit for it, and use it badly.

if you play NAMALSK + STALKER + ACE you will have something WAY WAY WAY better than DayZ.

Its a shame when good modders dont have structure to do a great job while the own Bohemia staff cant do it with all the infra structure.

All honor to ace modders Namalsk Modders and Stalker Modders.

All shame to DayZ modders.

Eh. I've been perfectly content with DayZ. I look at it this way: I couldn't be doing it better; so what am I complaining about?

• Like 1

Eh. I've been perfectly content with DayZ. I look at it this way: I couldn't be doing it better; so what am I complaining about?

Stupid way to think.

Stupid way to think.

Bye, have fun playing those other things.

*wave*

They suck things from good modders take the credit from it and dont pay them. SUCKS.

I thought you rage quit already. Also, please explain to me how DayZ is not original in any way and rips off another mod of the same or similar magnitude.

They suck things from good modders take the credit from it and dont pay them. SUCKS.

Sorry you not gettin' mad dolla bux and got hustled... u to mad bro

Of course, and as always, haters gonna hate. No, I´m not talking about the guy who hates DayZ. I´m talking about the DayZ fanboys here who replied him.

You do think DayZ it´s a great mod? That´s great, man. Keep playing. What´s there to do in it? Kill zombies. Kill players. And... be killed by zombies and players. Wow, sounds fun...

If you take the time to use six updater, a very powerful too that manages all your ARMA 2 mods, and install a few mods, like @namalsk, @stalker, and, best of all, @ACE, you will see that ARMA 2 has way, way more in it than DayZ.

Talking about DayZ: it´s a bad mod. Even worse, it´s a poor mod. You don´t have missions in it. You don´t have really much do to in it. You spend 95% of your time running from one place to another trying to equip yourself, just to be able to "play and have fun". If you are in to killing zombies, it´s just a matter of time before a group of player killers hears you and kills you. If you´re in to kill other players, you will have fun for a while, until you get killed. And tha´ts it. That´s all about DayZ.

I stopped playing it after a month. Have with my char the coyote backpack, the M249 SAW, nightvision, rangefinder, all the tools, the works. I could go on playing until I got killed again, to players, zombies or to bugs - yes, the ladder bug still exists.

Checklist for DayZ mod quality:

Missions? No

New equipment? No

New features? Close to none

Things to do? Grow old running around Chernarus trying to find food, weapons and equipment. Get killed in the process. Start it all over again. Eventually, you will succeed. Then kill other players, until you get killed. Do it all again.

I´ll say it again: DayZ is a bad mod and a poor mod. And like "Disgraced" said, "bye, have fun playing those other things - *wave" - thanks a lot, have fun wasting your time with a poor mod *waves back.

You wanna cheer someone, cheers to the guys who made @ACE, @stalker, the incredible Predator mod and to Sumrak, who made the amazing Island of Namalsk (@namalsk). You can check it on youtube under "Stalker mod ARMA 2". It´s a scary island, and a great place to play. And above all else, to the guy who made Six Updater, Patrick Roza. That´s a genius, right there.

I also want to congratulate my good friend from Canada, Sung, whose work was utilized in the DayZ mod, but he never had the credits. Way to go, Rocket.

Of course, and as always, haters gonna hate. No, I´m not talking about the guy who hates DayZ. I´m talking about the DayZ fanboys here who replied him.

You do think DayZ it´s a great mod? That´s great, man. Keep playing. What´s there to do in it? Kill zombies. Kill players. And... be killed by zombies and players. Wow, sounds fun...

If you take the time to use six updater, a very powerful too that manages all your ARMA 2 mods, and install a few mods, like @namalsk, @stalker, and, best of all, @ACE, you will see that ARMA 2 has way, way more in it than DayZ.

Talking about DayZ: it´s a bad mod. Even worse, it´s a poor mod. You don´t have missions in it. You don´t have really much do to in it. You spend 95% of your time running from one place to another trying to equip yourself, just to be able to "play and have fun". If you are in to killing zombies, it´s just a matter of time before a group of player killers hears you and kills you. If you´re in to kill other players, you will have fun for a while, until you get killed. And tha´ts it. That´s all about DayZ.

I stopped playing it after a month. Have with my char the coyote backpack, the M249 SAW, nightvision, rangefinder, all the tools, the works. I could go on playing until I got killed again, to players, zombies or to bugs - yes, the ladder bug still exists.

Missions? No

New equipment? No

Things to do? Grow old running around Chernarus trying to find food, weapons and equipment. Get killed in the process. Start it all over again. Eventually, you will succeed. Then kill other players, until you get killed. Do it all again.

I´ll say it again: DayZ is a bad mod and a poor mod. And like "Disgraced" said, "bye, have fun playing those other things - *wave" - thanks a lot, have fun wasting your time with a poor mod *waves back.

You wanna cheer someone, cheers to the guys who made @ACE, @stalker, the incredible Predator mod and to Sumrak, who made the amazing Island of Namalsk (@namalsk). You can check it on youtube under "Stalker mod ARMA 2". It´s a scary island, and a great place to play. And above all else, to the guy who made Six Updater, Patrick Roza. That´s a genius, right there.

I also want to congratulate my good friend from Canada, Sung, whose work was utilized in the DayZ mod, but he never had the credits. Way to go, Rocket.

Couldnt say better, perfect. Too bad these people when stay out of arguments start the hater comments.

At OP,

So basically you mad that a mod you like is not as popular as Dayz and so you feel the need to try to claim that Dayz is bad and "copied" elements from other mods/games (as if all games don't do that) to make yourself feel better? LOL. Over 500k people are playign DayZ, that tells us (and YOU) that alot of people like the game, so regardless to your personal opinion of a alpha state mod that is exploding in popularity, it will be crushed by the shear number of people who don't share your opinion and enjoy the game.

Most likly your just bad at the game and came here to troll/hate on it to make yourself feel better. The game is a work in progress, if you can't wait for more stuff to be added to the game then GTFO imo. You did not buy DayZ and noone cares if you leave.

If you don't like DayZ then don't play. If you do like DayZ then do play. It's all opinions. Why do people feel the need to come to a forum of a game they don't like just to say "I don't like it"? If you don't like it, good for you, those other mods sound awesome so enjoy your time on those mods and let us enjoy our time with whatever we like.

• Like 1

Having not played those mods, I really don't have any position to argue about how they compare to DayZ, not that I'm particularly interested in doing so. That said, I would like you to describe to me, in as much detail as you can, what they are and what Dayz is stealing from them.

As for the comments about hating... You went to the DayZ forums, shittalk the entire game, imply the unpaid developers are stealing... what, genres? You can't really be surprised that you were insulted when your post was, for all intents and purposes, the exact same as belligerently asking why they weren't just playing Left4Dead.

Missions? No

New equipment? No

Its not supposed to be fun, its not supposed to be loaded with new features, its not supposed to have a plot or mission... dayz is not a "bad mod" it set out to be something to annoy and piss you off. it has accomplished that, so if your idea of a "bad mod" is one that accomplished what it is supposed to be then I am sorry....

now what people are failing to do in the mod is role play, thats what half of arma is, you play a role, and stick to that role. people are just running around shooting people without first saying anything.

too many people enjoy it for you to say that it is a bad mod.

Dayz Uses improvements from ACE and has the credit for it, and use it badly.

if you play NAMALSK + STALKER + ACE you will have something WAY WAY WAY better than DayZ.

Its a shame when good modders dont have structure to do a great job while the own Bohemia staff cant do it with all the infra structure.

All honor to ace modders Namalsk Modders and Stalker Modders.

All shame to DayZ modders.

Judging by the amount of people who play DayZ I would say that you and your oppinions are in the minority here

Sounds like typical MMO complaining. "The game is crap, I hate it and unsubscribed"...... "but I still come here and post"

If you dislike the mod so much then please, by all means, go away.

Edited by Vandrel