Sign in to follow this  
BL1P

Why we need spawn zone restrictions

To stop lamers spawning in military zones and then de-spawning into another server just to kill players who try to hold an area.

Certain areas should not have the ability to save at

so that players that only want to kill loot and move server can not do the

save kill save swap, save kill save swap

lame shit that they are doing now

I don't know about not being able to save period, but definitely bump people who disconnect in towns to the nearby forest if possible.

I don't know about not being able to save period' date=' but definitely bump people who disconnect in towns to the nearby forest if possible.

[/quote']

The irony of your username while posting in this thread.

I don't know about not being able to save period' date=' but definitely bump people who disconnect in towns to the nearby forest if possible.

[/quote']

The irony of your username while posting in this thread.

That's me! *laugh track, applause.*

It happens too often. You can clearly identify the people who do it simply because they can't resist making sub-level troll taunts in side chat. "umad bro" "trololol", etc.

It's annoying, and disheartening this even exists in Arma 2. You think the barrier for entry would deter this species of human.

It happens too often. You can clearly identify the people who do it simply because they can't resist making sub-level troll taunts in side chat. "umad bro" "trololol"' date=' etc.

It's annoying, and disheartening this even exists in Arma 2. You think the barrier for entry would deter this species of human.

[/quote']

Uh, what barrier for entry?

Uh' date=' what barrier for entry?

[/quote']

Simple concept really.

The average sub-level troll we're talking about here usually doesn't have the attention span required for doing something as trivial as getting a mil-sim, and/or downloading and installing a unique mod.

Some just don't go through with it, and instead just troll COD or various trash forums.

That's what makes these people in DayZ a curious and sad bunch, as they went through the measly trouble to get here, and choose to squander it, or just meddle with other folks experiences in the worst way possible. When it's clear they have the brain capacity to have a bit of Arma synergy instead...

They're like imps, the lowliest form of hellspawn. Unable to do anything but trololol until they blank out of existence. /golfclap

Glad im not the only one who thinks this server swap spawn thing is a really bad lame thing in the arma verse

Oh ok, so that's going to stop the noobs that start on the beach from shooting other people?

Come on, we don't need rules like this. It's a challenging survival mod for a reason, lets not water this down any further.

So you think its a challenge for a player to hide in a house and keep swapping servers untill he hears a player moving. So he can kill only the player to steal his gear then save and start swapping servers again.

Come on that's not really a challenge that's basically cheating imho and I am sure that wasn't the intention for the creator.

People always find loop holes and glitches they can use.

Im just reporting the glitch and how players are abusing it.

You could very easily make something that if you spawn in and you are inside a zone (let's say inside a town), you will be teleported to the closest position outside of this zone, to the edges of the town.

This means that if you aren't careful when loggin off, you can spawn in open ground. However, you could simply run inside the nearest forest before logging off to avoid that problem.

Yeah couple of days ago I spawned and got killed immediately, I don't really care if there is a possibility to spawn ALL over the map. I think that would work more.

In Australia you can't do what the OP mentions with any efficiency. Most servers are full all day!

As for fresh respawns. It'd be nice if they had a larger range of spawn points IMO. Not a big issue really.

Honestly? I'd say take a page from EVE Online's book.

Aggression against another player gives you a 15min timer

If you log off with that timer, your character will stay standing there until the timer runs out. If you go to switch servers, it won't pull your character data properly and errors, because you're still loaded on the other server.

Fire out an error message "You are unable to login to this server, because you are currently engaged in combat on [serverName]"

This would also solve the "logging out to avoid death" issue