Sign in to follow this  
pumbas

How to find a gun

I am sory but i have been playing for like 5 hours and I can not find a single gun the only thing I can find are axes and ammo sometimes food and drinks.Zombies are bugged that I have to hit them like 3 times to kill them with the axe, all houses that I face are locked, no exception, all of them, I try to follow the powerlines but I just face with more trees, I really need some help!Thank you!

I am sory but i have been playing for like 5 hours and I can not find a single gun the only thing I can find are axes and ammo sometimes food and drinks.Zombies are bugged that I have to hit them like 3 times to kill them with the axe, all houses that I face are locked, no exception, all of them, I try to follow the powerlines but I just face with more trees, I really need some help!Thank you!

You can find some basic guns at Deerstands and Barns.

Try to spawn near Cherno or Elektro. Once there, search residential buildings (houses, churches) for a handgun. Barns spawn shotguns and rifles. Once you're in a city, finding a gun should not take long.

Don't instantly run inland, try to loot in any place you can on the coast, and then make your way north.

And axes aren't such a bad first weapon. They're silent and a one hit kill against zombies.

Get to a barn.You will most likely find either a winchester or a lee enfield.Both are great guns.But enfield makes a lot of noise so watch out for that.

look at the windows of houses before you try to enter them. if they are enterable, the windows will be transparent. make an effort to memorize what buildings you can enter look like for future reference. as people have said, barns and deerstands are good places to look for weapons. as an alternative to spending hours moving slowly and getting frustrated not finding a weapon, you could say fuck it, and be suicidal and run around at top speed investigating buildings and getting an idea of what the ones you can enter look like. after you've got a handle on that, you can start making serious attempts at survival.

I see these threads all the time, but I seriously don't understand how someone can really be looting for 5 hours and never find a weapon. It takes me like 10-30 minutes depending on where I spawn.

I see these threads all the time, but I seriously don't understand how someone can really be looting for 5 hours and never find a weapon. It takes me like 10-30 minutes depending on where I spawn.

Think about when you first started the game. This guy has probably never played arma or dayz before. He'll get into it. I remember when I first started running through the little coastal towns trying to go inside of houses and realizing that it was all just scenery with zombies around it.

Think about when you first started the game. This guy has probably never played arma or dayz before. He'll get into it. I remember when I first started running through the little coastal towns trying to go inside of houses and realizing that it was all just scenery with zombies around it.

yeah, I guess you're right. At this point I know what buildings are open and not by just looking at them. I also remember when you spawned with a weapon. When spawning without one was introduced it never seemed like a big deal to me.

• Like 1

Found makarov lots of ammo,food,hunting knife,everything!But got killed from behind! =(

Found makarov lots of ammo,food,hunting knife,everything!But got killed from behind! =(

nature of the beast. keep at 'er! you're makin progress!

• Like 1

Alright

Go to cherno or ELectro. Unless you have herpes I can guarantee you will find a gun. I always find at least a side arm in the first 5 -25 minutes

If he hasn't found a gun by now then his a lost soul and i fear he might be dead..???? OP date 14 july....

but everytime i run to the barn i get chased by an army of zombies

Well SNEAK in there. Can't be that hard to learn.