Beerz101

LANing Dayz disconnects

I'm trying to play with a friend at his place but when ever we get into the same server we both get disconnected. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

I'm trying to play with a friend at his place but when ever we get into the same server we both get disconnected. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Does the server give anykinda error or something when you are kicked off?

as soon as one of us joins the server we get a message that says something on the lines of "You have not recieved communication from this server then a number that counts up"

Try a different server.

I read that changing your port for one computer can fix it.

No message recived for then a number counting up, doesnt matter what server we join it does that. But if we join separate servers we can play. Or if I was at my house and join the server he was on it would work.

It works, one of you just have to start the game with this command: -port=2350

To use a different port as your mate :)

Example:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -port=2350 "-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

If you use SixLauncher, go to Options / Additional Startup Parameters: -port=2350

Edited by rapuffel

says wait for host and doesnt go any farther with -port-2350, is there a space before the -?

says wait for host and doesnt go any farther with -port-2350, is there a space before the -?

its not -port-2350

example:

blabla\arma2oa.exe -port=2350

Port Number can by anything 2340, 2348, ... at least both of you have a different port =)

Edited by rapuffel

i ment = mistyped, so I put "-port=2350" into the Additional Startup Parameters in six launcher and I just get stuck at wait for host. Thanks for helping me through all this!!!

Edited by Beerz101

I also bought the game through steam if that changes anything I have to do.

Edited by Beerz101

I also bought the game through steam if that changes anything I have to do.

It depents how you start the game excutable.

I dont use steam. But I know you can right click on your stream-library - ArmaOA-Game and select "Properties" - "Set Launch Options".

Maybe this will help :)

Edited by rapuffel

yea i dont use steam either just thought maybe that is why i cant get it to work I use six launcher