evil.piggeh

Teamspeak 3 Overlay ban? Urgent please :)

I was using a plugin on teamspeak 3 called overlay and it basically tells me on screen who is chatting so i can identify who is speaking as im new to the teamspeak server this is very helpful to remember who's name it is that i am talking to. I was told off one of the guys though that i may get banned for it as it may be misinterpreted as a hack, obviously this isnt my attention. So is it ok to use the overlay plugin on teamspeak while on dayz or not?

thanks in advance.

Edit:

I've disabled the overlay for now to avoid any trouble.

Edited by evil.piggeh

Is it spawning in weapons and such? no. Is it harmful to the game and or experience to other players? no.

Not a ban reason. If Battleye didn't pick it up as a "hack", then you should be fine.

Is it spawning in weapons and such? no. Is it harmful to the game and or experience to other players? no.

Not a ban reason. If Battleye didn't pick it up as a "hack", then you should be fine.

I'm not quite sure you know what battleye actually does, if all it did was log and ban people for using scripts there would be no stopping hackers. In addition to sending known scripts to the BE master server battleye detects .dll injections and running applications in the background. Certain applications that hook into the ArmA 2 game may be misinterpreted as a hack, anytime a known hack is hooked into the game when a server is running battleye the user is automatically banned from the server and perhaps the user will receive a BE global ban, cheat engine for example will do trigger this response.

But, all that you need to know is that the overlay is probably safe as long as they ran it past BE so it doesn't trigger false positives. If they did not do this, the overlay may not work in future updates of battleye.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure you know what battleye actually does, if all it did was log and ban people for using scripts there would be no stopping hackers. In addition to sending known scripts to the BE master server battleye detects .dll injections and running applications in the background. Certain applications that hook into the ArmA 2 game may be misinterpreted as a hack, anytime a known hack is hooked into the game when a server is running battleye the user is automatically banned from the server and perhaps the user will receive a BE global ban, cheat engine for example will do trigger this response.

But, all that you need to know is that the overlay is probably safe as long as they ran it past BE so it doesn't trigger false positives. If they did not do this, the overlay may not work in future updates of battleye.

Thanks for the lengthy response man i appreciate it. Im gonna risk it as i think atleast a few people are using it without issue so hopefully this has been logged in battleye as legit.

I'm really hoping for a developer response to clarify this issue(ie working with battleye/DayZ), or is there perhaps a way I can contact the creaters of battleye to see if this is ok to use?

But thanks for the insight man you seem to know what your talking about :)

Edited by evil.piggeh

-bump -

really would like a definitive answer to whether this teamspeak overlay will get me banned or not.

Direct3D Hook #X: Disable overlay programs or the overlay feature of these programs while playing on BE-enabled servers. Popular examples are Xfire (you can leave it running by disabling the ingame-overlay feature for your game in the options), Fraps, TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) and ATI Tray Tools.

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

i got a global ban for just using Fraps.

but i'f seen in video's on youtube that some people just use the overlay and are still playing.

btw i send out a email and waiting for a response

Direct3D Hook #X: Disable overlay programs or the overlay feature of these programs while playing on BE-enabled servers. Popular examples are Xfire (you can leave it running by disabling the ingame-overlay feature for your game in the options), Fraps, TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) and ATI Tray Tools.

but i'f seen in video's on youtube that some people just use the overlay and are still playing.

damn dude that sucks man. i know alot of people recording with fraps and not being banned, have u not appealed?

Strictly speaking, it is discouraged, but BattlEye, much like PunkBuster has to concede that there are a lot of programs that hook into games for benign purposes and generally, they get whitelisted. Unless you run cutting-edge versions that have been released mere hours prior, you will generally not be banned -- and even if you are banned for an older version, you will tend to be unbanned/not globally banned.

The problem is the arms race between anti-cheating systems and cheating systems. It is trivial to inject a DLL, so many simple hack tools use it and the anti-cheat engines have to use some heuristics to detect if something is benign (i. e. TeamSpeak overlay) or not (i. e. a cheat). They do this quite well, most of the time, but there may be false-positives.

damn dude that sucks man. i know alot of people recording with fraps and not being banned, have u not appealed?

Yes i did, i send out an email to support@battleye.com and hoping for a quick response but i know that that can take dayz :D

I did not appeal here because Rocket does not want to post Global Ban appeals because he can't do anything about it, so i went searching for the battleye support.

if i can't get a appeal i have to buy the game, again.

i just bought the game like a week ago. so its really disappointing.

little bit off topic here but when i try to join a game it is stuck at the loading screen, I post a new topic but like noone it replying to it, also very disappointing.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33231-stuck-at-the-loading-screen-again/#entry319169

HurriCnz

fuc* guys i suggest you to nose use fraps+ts3 togethar, today i went in with both of them turned on and when i tryed to join server it says global ban

Edited by Su1c1deR

I was using a plugin on teamspeak 3 called overlay and it basically tells me on screen who is chatting so i can identify who is speaking as im new to the teamspeak server this is very helpful to remember who's name it is that i am talking to. I was told off one of the guys though that i may get banned for it as it may be misinterpreted as a hack, obviously this isnt my attention. So is it ok to use the overlay plugin on teamspeak while on dayz or not?

thanks in advance.

Edit:

I've disabled the overlay for now to avoid any trouble.

Nah don't worry. It's just a regular excuse that hackers make when they get banned. People are using overlays every day with no issues, myself included (fraps, bandicam).

Edited by Irenicus

No one gets global bans for using Fraps. You hacked and you know it. Stop using lamearse excuses that no one believes. We non-hackers using fraps etc all know full well you do not get banned for using these overlays. Go back to COD or stop hacking.

fuc* guys i suggest you to nose use fraps+ts3 togethar, today i went in with both of them turned on and when i tryed to join server it says global ban

*cough* bullshit! * cough

*cough* bullshit! * cough

just of ppls like you dayz community will be same as mw3, did i asked you if you belive me or not? i just warned other players so please stfu,ty

just of ppls like you dayz community will be same as mw3, did i asked you if you belive me or not? i just warned other players so please stfu,ty

No can do so that's a Negative. Cheers. Also, learn to spell? Your "fake" warning people is only so you can justify being a nice guy, to then say you didn't hack and got banned for no reason. You hackers really need to get smarter :)

You didn't just warn people, or did you already forget what you wrote? Here you go, since it seems hard for you to scroll up. "today i went in with both of them turned on and when i tryed to join server it says global ban"

So you got banned for hacking. Welcome to the world of being a lamearse hacker ;)

Edited by Irenicus

No can do so that's a Negative. Cheers. Also, learn to spell? Your "fake" warning people is only so you can justify being a nice guy, to then say you didn't hack and got banned for no reason. You hackers really need to get smarter :)

You didn't just warn people, or did you already forget what you wrote? Here you go, since it seems hard for you to scroll up. "today i went in with both of them turned on and when i tryed to join server it says global ban"

So you got banned for hacking. Welcome to the world of being a lamearse hacker ;)

trying to be smartass? you should be thankfull when there is peoples like me who arent from england/usa and still trying to make conversations with other country peoples you probobly only know 2 collors "BLACK" and "WHITE" there is a lot of peoples who recived ban using on of thos programs and you srsly think machines isnt making mistaks? ps you shoudl read what jwiechers told : The problem is the arms race between anti-cheating systems and cheating systems. It is trivial to inject a DLL, so many simple hack tools use it and the anti-cheat engines have to use some heuristics to detect if something is benign (i. e. TeamSpeak overlay) or not (i. e. a cheat). They do this quite well, most of the time, but there may be false-positives.

so please just stop trying to be some tryhard nerd who know eyerhing

trying to be smartass? you should be thankfull when there is peoples like me who arent from england/usa and still trying to make conversations with other country peoples you probobly only know 2 collors "BLACK" and "WHITE" there is a lot of peoples who recived ban using on of thos programs and you srsly think machines isnt making mistaks? ps you shoudl read what jwiechers told : The problem is the arms race between anti-cheating systems and cheating systems. It is trivial to inject a DLL, so many simple hack tools use it and the anti-cheat engines have to use some heuristics to detect if something is benign (i. e. TeamSpeak overlay) or not (i. e. a cheat). They do this quite well, most of the time, but there may be false-positives.

so please just stop trying to be some tryhard nerd who know eyerhing

I have no idea what the hell you are on about. I don't come from either of those countries. I have travelled the world and speak 2 languages fluently. Also I am the furthest thing from racist and nothing in my text implied that. You're the one saying "stfu" instead of using intelligence. You imply I am racist by saying "you probobly only know 2 collors "BLACK" and "WHITE" " ; which is actually more xenophobic and a terrible generalisation (especially when dealing with people you know nothing about) and more racist than anything I would ever say. Hypocrit!

Again, you're crying to the wrong person. Don't hack=don't get banned.

IF there were false-positives, and that's a big IF (in the case of overlays at least) then there would be MASSIVE outrage and revolt on these forums. Do you ever check out a little site called YOUTUBE? See how many people are using FRAPS and Bandicam with no issues whatsoever? You know why? THat's right, it's because you DON'T get banned for using FRAPS, TS3 Overlay or Bandicam or any combination of those.

Stop tryin to come across like some hard done by mistreated refugee, when you are a hacker. No one buys it.

If you are the one false positive that gets UNBANNED then I will sincerely offer my most humble apologies. The fact is though, this is the wrong place to ask for bans to be removed, so contact battleye and when you get unbanned come back and show us the proof.

Goodaye citizen of the earth

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

I have no idea what the hell you are on about. I don't come from either of those countries. I have travelled the world and speak 2 languages fluently. Also I am the furthest thing from racist and nothing in my text implied that. You're the one saying "stfu" instead of using intelligence. Calling me racist and then saying "you probobly only know 2 collors "BLACK" and "WHITE" " is actually more xenophobic than anything I would ever say. Hypocrit!

Again, you're crying to the wrong person. Don't hack=don't get banned.

IF there were false-positives, and that's a big IF (in the case of overlays at least) then there would be MASSIVE outrage and revolt on these forums. Do you ever check out a little site called YOUTUBE? See how many people are using FRAPS and Bandicam with no issues whatsoever? You know why? THat's right, it's because you DON'T get banned for using FRAPS

Stop tryin to come across like some hard done by mistreated refugee, when you are a hacker. No one buys it.

If you are the one false positive that gets UNBANNED then I will sincerely offer my most humble apologies. The fact is though, this is the wrong place to ask for bans to be removed, so contact battleye and when you get unbanned come back and show us the proof.

Goodaye citizen of the earth

omg man did i asked for unban? there was guy who started this topic just to be sure if he can use ts3 and i gived him advice your only one who started to tallk about somethign else

Edited by Su1c1deR

omg man did i asked for unban? there was guy who started this topic just to be sure if he can use ts3 and i gived him advice your only one who started to tallk about somethign else

Wait a sec. So you got banned for a false-positive yet you're not going to try and get unbanned? hmmmmm that's suss.... Dug your own hole there mate. You did not just warn, you specifically said that YOU got banned, THEN you warned others.....

I'm curious as to what your excuse will be now....careful not to get lost in your lies and contradict yourself :)

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Wait a sec. So you got banned for a false-positive yet you're not going to try and get unbanned? hmmmmm that's suss.... Dug your own hole there mate. You did not just warn, you specifically said that YOU got banned, THEN you warned others.....

I'm curious as to what your excuse will be now....careful not to get lost in your lies and contradict yourself :)

sorry but i need to say you are retard mybe my typing isnt so good but i at least read bether then you and i know when dayzmod.com dont have nothign to do with battleye :)

sorry but i need to say you are retard mybe my typing isnt so good but i at least read bether then you and i know when dayzmod.com dont have nothign to do with battleye :)

Well that's it. I tried to be nice even though I believe you are full of shit, but calling me a retard lol? If you know they are not related why post here about it? Also why post about getting banned for something that DOESNT EVER get you banned?

Nice one on the insults though, but my IQ while sleeping is probably higher than yours on steroids. Peut-etre si je parle dans un autre langue ca te conviendra un peu plus? Retourne d'ou tu viens et arrete de me casser le couilles, DAK? mdr

EDIT: I really love the report button. Looking to get banned from here too? Keep on going the way you're going and you will. Also using retard as an insult is really a nasty thing to use as there are actual retards out there. But then I always notice people throw insults around when they have no good nor intellligent answer.

Post again if you like but I'm done with your crappy attitude.

Edited by Irenicus

my IQ while sleeping is probably higher than yours on steroids.

Thats shows how big is your iq, and for what you will report me? for trying to answer on your stupid questens? thatsn ot my foult when you cant undestand what is ADVICE