Lurck1

MAJOR lag and i dont know what to do

I have just bought this game,after extensive amount of research,and it is majorly lagging as in frames i have done all i think i can to stop this the graphics are as low as possible and ive done alot of other things and it has major frame lag i have even switched back the theme from regular windows 7 to windows classic to prevent lag and i have cleaned all my disk and registries. i run on a asus laptop with 4 gigabytes of ram is this the problem do i need more ram because my hard rive has plenty of space

well i really dont know i use six launcher and with the lag it takes like 5 minutes to join a server but yes i can join servers just fine the problem is moving and looking around

If you have a 512mb Graphics card, that can lag you up pretty bad. DayZ you should least have a 1Gb model.

If you have a 512mb Graphics card, that can lag you up pretty bad. DayZ you should least have a 1Gb model.

memory for the sake of memory does mean its good or bad. it could be really awful 1 gig of memory and be far less useful than decent 512mb card, never understood people saying this

what really matters is what model his gpu is. also turning shadows to low will shift it from your graphics card onto your cpu,its not as simple as turning everything to low on arma

Also that download more ram website, is a tech joke, not a virus. Bit stupid, but its ok for a joke. =)

no your right and im gonna have to buy a desktop because you cant upgrade a laptops graphics card unless you buy a new laptop... well you can but you would have to rip everything out until you get to the motherboard and then it just would be cheaper to buy a new laptop

you can get external ones but they tend to be over priced and under powered, for a gaming pc able to run something like this and new games from stratch your going to be looking at $1000 at least really and probably more if you cant put it all together yourself