Sign in to follow this  
Desertdog129

Military Convoy

When i was playing Dayz trying to look for a crashed helicopter i got the idea that maybe their should also be wrecked Military Convoy. This would be a good idea as it adds something different to the rare spawn looting table as you could maybe put different types of tools and guns in to this wrecked Military Convoy. Not only that but i think the Military Convoy should be a lot rare then the crashed heli as it could only be spawned on dirt roads because obviously theres alot less of them then open fields. (maybe one per server).

what do the rest of you guys think of this ??

Edited by Desertdog129
  • Like 1

I've pondered an idea similar to this before. I had an idea that a REAL in-tact military convoy would go through the streets killing infected, AND players. This would make players come together to beat the military convoy, and then afterwards... fight for the loot. Vehicles from the military convoy left in-tact through the firefight would also be available for grabs.

Roleplay reasons for the convoy would be something along the lines of the military trying to contain the infection, and destroy anything that's been affected.

Me gusta leer!

Really like where this idea is going, would make the game more dynamic instead of it having to be just a grief fest with zombies thrown in as a sideshow.

This could boost PvP aswell. If you think about it, there would be a little amount of convoy's so players will want to be set up and ready for when the next convoy comes through players... it will be rare for one group of players to ambush the convoy as everyone is in need of supplies.

Also have NPC soldiers have to get out and fight back, no zombie bullshit unless you start the ambush near a town or city. Or perhaps once all NPC's have been killed you can take a truck each and drive off to safety with the loot? Obviously the soldiers will have to be able to fight back and a reasonable force. This could set some stress on alot of players as they have to watch for snipers too.

Another thing rocket could add along with this are supply drops in the airfield or in a field, little cover + fairly good loot = massacre.

Yeah, this idea was posted a while ago. several times.

I've been keeping up with as much of the news as I can, and there have been no hints of adding anything like this.

Sorry.

I've pondered an idea similar to this before. I had an idea that a REAL in-tact military convoy would go through the streets killing infected, AND players. This would make players come together to beat the military convoy, and then afterwards... fight for the loot. Vehicles from the military convoy left in-tact through the firefight would also be available for grabs.

Roleplay reasons for the convoy would be something along the lines of the military trying to contain the infection, and destroy anything that's been affected.

Hmm to have more AIs in game doesn't add up to the realism at all so this is a big NO from my side. Maybe have more wrecked military vehicles on a military base so you and your mates can put together a car, heli, truck or whatever and then go on a trip with one of them to find new parts and so on and do your own convoy that makes it still realistic. This shouldnt be like Arma, just play Arma in that case

Edited by Secutor