kleutscher

My Dayz Shortfilm. my vision on dayz

final final version. 1080p render. color corrected.

thanks.

wanted to share this tutorial with others who also want to make a movie.

better control with a controller/joystick. better and fluid control over speed and motion over camera.

take a look at this semi tutorial

• Like 1

thanks.

wanted to share this tutorial with others who also want to make a movie.

better control with a controller/joystick. better and fluid control over speed and motion over camera.

take a look at this semi tutorial

That's the first thing I did after hopping in the editor. It's amazing how much more fluid you can be with just a 360 controller. So, I'm just getting started in the editor and I think I've got unit placement, grouping, and waypoints down to the point that I can create the scenes I want. The problem I'm having is that I don't know where to find the player model from DayZ. Which model is is?

indeed much more fluid.

To get the models you need you have to start DayZ instead of arma2 or OA.

but the singleplayer/editor has been locked since 1.7.2.4. so you have to revert back to dayz 1.7.2.3.

you can have it next to 1.7.2.4.

search for the post of NNUU on page 3 i believe. that is the workaround to get 1.7.2.3.

youll find the zombies under civillians.

the other items commands can be found by googling ***ers. there is a list they use to spawn the items in the game.

But the same item names can be used in the editor. becouse they arent anywhere under Units

Got many requests to fix the poor audio in survival of the fittest. The audio was from a bad quality and had a lot of clipping problems.

Had a problem finding the good quality versions but finally got them.

So made this good quality audio version.

This is absolutely outstanding. I love it. How did you get all the footage? With the angles and no HUD? Keep it up man.

Legendary!! You should include more ambushes next time, and maybe include people raiding a base at the factory near dolina/polana or attacking some castles in full force, with heli drops and parachutes :)

You can't, you have to fake it. Basically you have to insert 1 or a group of zombies, and set up a waypoint for them to travel whether its running, walking or crawling. Then set another waypoint for the survivor and have him ahead of the zombies so it looks like the zombies are chasing the survivor. Hope that gives you an idea what to do.

Kleutscher have some new awesome videos on his channel, check those out! :D

(On the front page of the forum you go!)

sweet video dude, i'd edit the first post and put final cut there with short explaination tho

thanks, Updated the opening post, more up to date now.

Figured it out btw,

Make a new folder called @DayZ 1.7.2.3

I found a thread where someone has the 1.7.2.3 version for download, just search for "revert back to 1.7.2.3" and the thread should come up.

In the @dayz 1.7.2.3 folder (or whatever you want to name it)

Make a new folder "Addons" and place the files you downloaded in there.

Go to your @dayz folder, copy the files that are not in the @DayZ 1.7.2.3 folder and copy and paste in the 1.7.2.3 folder. Put the folder in your arma2 OA folder where your regular @dayz folder is (if you have not already)

Launch arma OA and dayz should still have the single player disabled, go to expansions and disable @DayZ and enable @DayZ 1.7.2.3. It will ask to relaunch the game. When it does you will be able to continue with map editing with the DayZ assets.

I am wondering if I just need the weapon, equiptment, character files only to access it.

But anyways, continue on with eps 3 :-)

When I go to expansions I can't disable @dayz and there is no @DayZ 1.7.2.3. What did I do wrong? help

When I go to expansions I can't disable @dayz and there is no @DayZ 1.7.2.3. What did I do wrong? help

there is an easier way now. use dayz commander.

then install 1.7.2.3 or 1.7.3.

join a server, when in host room just press escape to go to the main menu.

then the singleplayer should be unlocked.

still im using an manual version but thats harder to explain:)

It didn't work :(

I installed 1.7.2.3 and joined a server via dayz commander. When I got in I pressed escape but the singleplayer was still disabled. Did I do something wrong? Is there another way? Thanks