GuiSnowSs

I cannot play 1.7.2.3(Game crashes to desktop)

Hi, I created this topic because i didn't manage to fix my problem:

I was playing fine with 1.7.2 and 94444 beta patch, then i decide to download the latest beta patch 94945 and the 1.7.2.3 update, it didn't work(Wait for Host screen), then i tried to rollback to 94876 and the game started crashing to desktop after the load screen when connecting to a server(every server happens this!). And now every beta patch crash to desktop when loading! except the 94945 who don't get out the Wait For Host screen.

I tried everything, donwloading the torrent files in the official topic, donwloading Six Updater beta and Dayz files, reinstalled both armas(A2 and CO) reinstalled battleye files, also reinstalled Steam and even tried Arma 2 OA RC1 :(http://forums.bistud...-1)-build-94945)... I just tried everything possible!

I hope someone can give me I help, I don't have idea how to fix this!

PS: Sorry for the awful English... not my native language and I didn't use Google translate. :P

While you are installing a beta patch you get warned that they are not designed to be downgradable so never try that again, if you do want an older beta version locate your beta folder in your arma2 files and delete it after that go ahead and install a new beta patch. The wait for Host screen ist commonly serverside the screen appears while the server is restarting make sure that the servers you join are described as "playing" and not as "creating". Furthermore there is only one advice i can give you against the crashes always start arma 2,OA,beta patch,dayz, steam or whatever could be related to arma 2 only as administrator this will prevent a lot of problems.

Edited by Streaforce

I'm having the same exact problem. It was running fine when I had 1.7.2 installed, updated to 1.7.2.3 and installed the latest beta and was getting waiting for host error. I rolled back to 94876 beta and it allowed me to connect to hosts, but when i joined the game from lobby and the load screen appeared it would freeze when it was almost done then it crashed to desktop. This is the error I got on the desktop crash. I've tried uninstall Battle Eye from the Battle Eye folder in expansion and re-installing through steam. I've also tried manually updating the .dll files from the site & nothing is working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArmA2OA.exe

Application Version: 1.61.94.876

Application Timestamp: 4ffef77f

Fault Module Name: BEClient.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 50001d06

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00003925

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. My friend is playing right now, but he's using Six Updater, which I dont I just launch through steam, but I have the correct launch options inputted and when I install beta patches I make sure to delete everything from the beta folder and I re-add my original Arma 2 OA exe application in the folder for it to patch

Edited by Felon

I had the loading screen freeze issue so I tried downloading the battleye files from their site and replacing them and now I am getting the exact same crashing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye via steam and still same error. Trying to reinstall the whole game but doubt it will work. Please we need help :(

I'm having the exact same problem. I will try to uninstall/reinstall the dayZ mod tomorrow

I've already tried this. I've deleted the "@DayZ" mod folder along with the beta folder

I've re-launched steam in Admin mode and verified my game files for both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA

I've defragged both games

Re-installed DayZ mod & beta

still did not work

Ok, try this. It worked for me

"Check your Eventviewer (start menu, type in search box, Eventviewer) and click Applications. Any errors in there, read them. His issue was the battleeye.dll file in AppData was faulty. Deleting that file and reinstalling Battleye fixed it. "

http://dayzmod.com/f...ing-to-desktop/

Edited by Felon
  • Like 1

Ok, try this. It worked for me

"Check your Eventviewer (start menu, type in search box, Eventviewer) and click Applications. Any errors in there, read them. His issue was the battleeye.dll file in AppData was faulty. Deleting that file and reinstalling Battleye fixed it. "

http://dayzmod.com/f...ing-to-desktop/

Yay it worked! Thank you so much for the help!

EDIT: Looks like its the same problem to everyone here, so using the 94876 beta just download this file:

( http://www.battleye....a2/BEClient.dll ) and place it on C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye , if it don't work try replacing the:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye BEClient.dll too!

Or As Felon says, just delete C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye BEClient.dll file, way easier. :D

Edited by GuiSnowSs