Just being honest Rocket' date=' but the majority of new people I have seen in the game have been assholes.

[/quote']

Please see:

http://www.neo-philosophy.com/LogicWeek3.html

Just because OP is saying that this mod is bringing in a bunch of trolls' date=' doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what you're trying to do

[/quote']

And:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

It's just going to take time to weed out the retards.

If there is one thing I can't stand' date=' its people who make wild generalizations about "new people" or people who are different, maybe have a different culture and language, simply because they "don't like it".

You say the previous community were "elitist, snobby assholes" but the new community are "exceptionally trollish assholes". Based on nothing but your own experiences, treating those experiences as an absolute fact of the whole.

Given the accusations that you seem to smash out to nebulous groups of people, I'm not surprised you get a hostile response. I developed an instant dislike for you rather quickly. Please move along sir!

[/quote']

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I simply stated that, and you are correct on this, based on my experience the majority of people I have seen in game have been assholes.

I also said that, again based on my own experience, the people I have played with on Arma 2 in the past have been elitist, snobby assholes.

And I really don't care if you dislike me rocket. I have time and again said that what you've done here is magnificent, and given you praise on almost every thread.

But to the point of what OP is saying, he has a legitimate beef here. And he's not alone. I'm sorry you don't want to hear it, that's your perogative. You can surround yourself in the guys that are in love with the mod, and ignore the guys that paid for Arma before this flood of casuals came in and started worshipping at your feet.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Dislike me all you want, no fucks were given this day. And I fully expect you to ban me for this, because I've seen you ban other people for not praying at your feet.

Not gonna happen here bud.

what exactly are they doing in this game that angers you? most new people i see just ask for help or to group up

I have come across some very rude' date=' childish guys in quite a few servers. So much so that I don't really even speak in servers anymore...and I shoot to kill every time I meet someone new...because...and yes this is me GENERALIZING again...I assume that they're going to be a troll because 99.9 percent of the time they are.

The only guys I play this mod with are [Legion'] guys because they don't give me shit and we work as a team.

Sorry for having a fucking opinion.

It is the product of this game being viewed by some (rightly or wrongly) as a full loot mmo type game. The type of people that play these types of games are different than the types of people that play, for example, Arma 2. Take Legion, for example, who apparently come from EVE (and the other from Mortal Online, I assume). Both full loot pvp games. I doubt either clan played Arma 2 before, because that is a different type of game than this.

I am not saying either group is "right" or "better," but now two different groups, with different cultures, clash. That is natural.

Just being honest Rocket' date=' but the majority of new people I have seen in the game have been assholes.

Now, that being said, it's not saying much really. The Arma community as a whole before were elitist, snobby assholes.

It's just that the "new breed" that you brought in with DayZ have been exceptionally trollish assholes. There have been a few gems....but not many.

Just because OP is saying that this mod is bringing in a bunch of trolls, doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what you're trying to do. It's just going to take time to weed out the retards.

That's all.

[/quote']

I agree with this 100%. If enough people feel this way, it doesn't matter if it's through 'hasty generalization', all those people will stop wanting to play the mod.

Then the people that were willing to play in a friendly manner will be gone, leaving only said "trollish assholes", and DayZ is left as even more of a competitive, PvP centered hell than it is now.

Even if what we think about the new crowd isn't true, then all of the noobs will probably be spawn killed until they psychologically snap in-game. Then every single person still playing DayZ after the ArmA vets bailed will either leave too, or become another rage mongering, troll bandit.

While I still play, and try to persevere because I love the idea of DayZ, it's really draining to have to put up with the mean attitudes a lot of new players have in global chat. I'd understand if people played their role as a bandit in the actual game, but just because your character is a dick doesn't mean you have to be.

I'm sure there's a lot wrong with my theory, but it's just what I was thinking.

It is the product of this game being viewed by some (rightly or wrongly) as a full loot mmo type game. The type of people that play these types of games are different than the types of people that play' date=' for example, Arma 2. Take Legion, for example, who apparently come from EVE (and the other from Mortal Online, I assume). Both full loot pvp games. I doubt either clan played Arma 2 before, because that is a different type of game than this.

I am not saying either group is "right" or "better," but now two different groups, with different cultures, clash. That is natural.

[/quote']

Exactly.

Sadly everyone thinks that when we post complaints like this we're automatically being 'ungrateful' or 'attacking new people'

No we're not. We're voicing a fucking concern. It's pretty sad when the main dev of the game doesn't want to hear about a legit concern from guys that supported Arma before his glorious mod came out and changed the world.

what exactly are they doing in this game that angers you? most new people i see just ask for help or to group up

I have come across some very rude' date=' childish guys in quite a few servers. So much so that I don't really even speak in servers anymore...and I shoot to kill every time I meet someone new...because...and yes this is me GENERALIZING again...I assume that they're going to be a troll because 99.9 percent of the time they are.

The only guys I play this mod with are [Legion'] guys because they don't give me shit and we work as a team.

so its just a problem in the chat then?

It is the product of this game being viewed by some (rightly or wrongly) as a full loot mmo type game. The type of people that play these types of games are different than the types of people that play' date=' for example, Arma 2. Take Legion, for example, who apparently come from EVE (and the other from Mortal Online, I assume). Both full loot pvp games. I doubt either clan played Arma 2 before, because that is a different type of game than this.

[/quote']

Exactly.

Sadly everyone thinks that when we post complaints like this we're automatically being 'ungrateful' or 'attacking new people'

No we're not. We're voicing a fucking concern. It's pretty sad when the main dev of the game doesn't want to hear about a legit concern from guys that supported Arma before his glorious mod came out and changed the world.

umm, did you even read the OP? claiming every single new person in the game is an asshole is not a good way to voice your concern

Now, that being said, it's not saying much really. The Arma community as a whole before were elitist, snobby assholes.

It's just that the "new breed" that you brought in with DayZ have been exceptionally trollish assholes. There have been a few gems....but not many.

Just because OP is saying that this mod is bringing in a bunch of trolls, doesn't mean that we don't appreciate what you're trying to do. It's just going to take time to weed out the retards.

That's all.

[/quote']

I agree with this 100%. If enough people feel this way, it doesn't matter if it's through 'hasty generalization', all those people will stop wanting to play the mod.

Then the people that were willing to play in a friendly manner will be gone, leaving only said "trollish assholes", and DayZ is left as even more of a competitive, PvP centered hell than it is now.

Even if what we think about the new crowd isn't true, then all of the noobs will probably be spawn killed until they psychologically snap in-game. Then every single person still playing DayZ after the ArmA vets bailed will either leave too, or become another rage mongering, troll bandit.

While I still play, and try to persevere because I love the idea of DayZ, it's really draining to have to put up with the mean attitudes a lot of new players have in global chat. I'd understand if people played their role as a bandit in the actual game, but just because your character is a dick doesn't mean you have to be.

I'm sure there's a lot wrong with my theory, but it's just what I was thinking.

I agree. There are a lot of mean attitudes in Arma now, especially on this mod's servers. That's what we're trying to talk about here, but Rocket doesn't want to hear it. And I don't understand why.

so its just a problem in the chat then?

[/quote']

Exactly.

umm, did you even read the OP? claiming every single new person in the game is an asshole is not a good way to voice your concern

I never said every single new person was an asshole. I said the majority of the ones that I have encountered....me personally....in MY EXPERIENCE...have been pricks. Not just in the chat, in the game as a whole. No one wants to work together. Everyone wants to be a lone wolf and kill everything that moves.

If that was what you were trying to accomplish with this mod Rocket, then kudos to you. Bravo.

Actually i'm one of those new players and i play the game like its suppose to be played. WITH CAUTION. People are so stupid and don't think twice about shooting people in a game....It's a big argument but its so normal for people to act this way.

Actually i'm one of those new players and i play the game like its suppose to be played. WITH CAUTION. People are so stupid and don't think twice about shooting people in a game....It's a big argument but its so normal for people to act this way.

Well welcome to the game King. Please don't think I was calling you an asshole personally man. That's a hasty generalization, and Rocket doesn't like those.

Seriously, welcome.

I never said every single new person was an asshole. I said the majority of the ones that I have encountered....me personally....in MY EXPERIENCE...have been pricks. Not just in the chat' date=' in the game as a whole. No one wants to work together. Everyone wants to be a lone wolf and kill everything that moves.

If that was what you were trying to accomplish with this mod Rocket, then kudos to you. Bravo.

[/quote']

i was referring to the first post made by someone else

as for people playing by themselves and killing everyone that should be their choice, there are subforums here for people to join clans etc...

I never said every single new person was an asshole. I said the majority of the ones that I have encountered....me personally....in MY EXPERIENCE...have been pricks. Not just in the chat' date=' in the game as a whole. No one wants to work together. Everyone wants to be a lone wolf and kill everything that moves.

[/quote']

i was referring to the first post made by someone else

as for people playing by themselves and killing everyone that should be their choice, there are subforums here for people to join clans etc...

Well I guess that cuts to the heart of the matter, and why the original post was made in the first place.

The veteran Arma guys....the ones that have been loyal to BI and the Arma series since OFP aren't used to this influx of guys that are run and gunners. Does that make sense? We're not used to this lone wolf style of play on Arma. That's what we're trying to get at here.

I wasn't trying to generalize anything. I'm grateful for new blood in the game, but it's a bit of a culture shock to go from guys that were for the most part always friendly...to new guys that are pissfucks in chat and just shoot you without a fucking word.

Again, I wasn't trying to down the mod or any of the new guys....I was just seconding OP's concerns that the Arma community is being drowned in this pile of new guys that just...well....are downright jerks at times.

Again, this is based on MY EXPERIENCE and not indicative of everyone's experience. I'll have to put that disclaimer on everything.

[/quote']

PL (whom are you referring to, not WeL) played quite a bit of Arma II long before DayZ saw the light of day. But continue to make inaccurate assumptions like the majority of posters on these forums.

Well I guess that cuts to the heart of the matter' date=' and why the original post was made in the first place.

The veteran Arma guys....the ones that have been loyal to BI and the Arma series since OFP aren't used to this influx of guys that are run and gunners. Does that make sense? We're not used to this lone wolf style of play on Arma. That's what we're trying to get at here.

I wasn't trying to generalize anything. I'm grateful for new blood in the game, but it's a bit of a culture shock to go from guys that were for the most part always friendly...to new guys that are pissfucks in chat and just shoot you without a fucking word.

Again, I wasn't trying to down the mod or any of the new guys....I was just seconding OP's concerns that the Arma community is being drowned in this pile of new guys that just...well....are downright jerks at times.

Again, this is based on MY EXPERIENCE and not indicative of everyone's experience. I'll have to put that disclaimer on everything.

[/quote']

fair enough, i am one of those guys that just shoots people without saying anything, but for me that is completely normal, i dont see it as being an asshole, its like any other game to me, i wouldnt feel bad if i scored a goal in a soccer game both are situations where the other person is negatively affected, but its something that should be expected

Well I guess that cuts to the heart of the matter' date=' and why the original post was made in the first place.

[/quote']

fair enough, i am one of those guys that just shoots people without saying anything, but for me that is completely normal, i dont see it as being an asshole, its like any other game to me, i wouldnt feel bad if i scored a goal in a soccer game

Right. Exactly.

I'm just a little taken aback by Rocket here. It seems to me like you don't really give a shit about the guys that have supported Arma for years Rocket....and have basically told the guys in this thread that are perturbed by this trend to suck it up and stop being bitches.

Am I reading you right?

This 'lone wolf style' is more so part of the mod than it is the new blood. Currently the incentives for working together as a team do not outweigh killing anything which moves etc.

Of course there will always be 'jerks' in any community, but when a game almost encourages you to shoot first and ask questions later, that trait is going to appear on the fore a lot more and blamed upon the influx of players.

most likely because u guys started calling the new crowd trolls and assfucks etc..

You might be right about that...

I regret my choice of words.

It's DayZ... the idea is to be afraid of the other players...

If you want old ArmA2 style gameplay, play the traditional stuff!

while your points seem legit, saying that it ruins arma 2 is stupid.

If you want Arma 2, then just ignore the Day Z servers. Those people you describe probably won't ever touch anything else than Day Z anyway, since they bought arma for it.

DayZ and the arma what original community plays are different games. True fact is, that DayZ brought to arma the kind of people that never were there, but then again these people will never play arma, they'll play DayZ. You won't see them in organised units of 30 people playing hour long ops with ACE+ACRE where you can usually meet people 20yrs+.

DayZ is now popular and popularity draws all kinds of people, including braindead point'n'click kiddies, spamming their incomprehensible moaning over mic, probably trying to pronounce "your mother", makarov blazing in elektro, absolutely immune to any kind of reasoning, negotiating or teamwork. Its the same kind of people that will play as the fifth sniper in TF2, who can't do sh*t besides killing people who are taunting/derping around for fun and that's something they won't understand... Just wait, they'll get bored and leave. Or just kill them, that works too.

This mod has been growing with new players since day one. The only difference is that now the player base is increasing by THOUSANDS of new players per day rather than the couple of hundred we saw when it was very new. Even the guys that might have been interested in just Arma2 are now saturated. What we are seeing now is large numbers of players from games that don't in anyway resemble Arma2 or any mods for it, EVE online for example, and they bring with them a different way of looking at PVP, games and the community that surround them. It doesn't mean that they can't be "good" DayZ players (whatever that means) but rather that they are jumping into a mod without the experience and forethought that a lot of us that had an Arma family game installed *before* DayZ came along might have.

Give them, the new players, the benefit of the doubt. They will either slowly conform to a play style more compatible with DayZ or they will leave when COD6 or WOWIV comes out.

I'm not really sure how the OP can be disappointed in DayZ. If he wants to he could roll with whatever ArmA2 group he belongs to and roll over absolutely everyone in DayZ, teamwork is still key, even if (and especially because) you can't trust everyone.

Right. Exactly.

I'm just a little taken aback by Rocket here. It seems to me like you don't really give a shit about the guys that have supported Arma for years Rocket....and have basically told the guys in this thread that are perturbed by this trend to suck it up and stop being bitches.

Am I reading you right?

No, I don't think you're reading him right at all. What exactly do you expect him to do? Tell all the new people to fuck off? Yes, fuck off, youse silly people! Return your ill-begotten video game for refunds at once as I desire none of your patronage, you slimy trolls! How dare you come in here with your differing concepts and styles of play to which we are entirely unaccustomed! Don't you understand we are frightened by your unorthodox manners? We're a community of bugs beneath a rock and you, you miserable sons of bitches, you've lifted that rock and now we're squirming about like a bunch of misanthropic, sun-shy morlocks. Are you happy?! Are you?!

Please. He's hit the four-quadrants, the gates have opened, and the Internet walked through. Now I know they might not be up to the standards of a wild gunstom cat, whatever that is, but regardless they are here and they have paid for the privilege same as you, so yes, "sucking it up" does sound like the best course of action.