Recodes

Error Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

Hello,

I am getting a error on startup and a error when I get to the main menu. I don't know what is wrong, I have tried google, youtube and trying to find posts on this forums the error is Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I have tried to run the patch, I have ran both arma and arma 2 in admin mode, I have tried to re download the files, I have checked all directories.

I just don't know what is wrong..

If someone could help that would be great.

Edit: Everybody, I have fixed this error. All you need to do is run arma 2 and arma 2 operation whatever. You must go into a random mission with both of them and the reload DayZ to fix it!

Edited by Recodes
  • Like 4

Hi,

Are you able to play DayZ?

No, it stops at connecting to host.

I have the same problem. But i can play DayZ but not arrowhead :/

I cannot play either. I just want to play really bad.

I don't know what is wrong, I would really like support.. I really want to play

I'm getting the same error - and more. I'm running version 1.61.94945 of ARMAII:OA (the beta version). I'm running version 1.7.2.3 of DayZ. When in the game I do see

@DayZ

Expansion

beta

on the upper right.

When I initially launch the game I get the same error: "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack".

Once I get to the main menu I get another error that says "No entry 'bin\configuration/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope".

It does let me into the multiplayer browser though. When I try to connect to a DayZ server it sits on the black screen that says "Wait for server".

I originally installed DayZ with the Six Updater Suite. A friend said he had more luck with the standalone install so I uninstalled the Six Updater Suite. I downloaded that and put the files in the \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation overhead\@DayZ\Addons\ directory. Still no luck. I'm now trying to uninstall operation arrowhead and reinstalling via steam and starting over.

I'm getting the same error - and more. I'm running version 1.61.94945 of ARMAII:OA (the beta version). I'm running version 1.7.2.3 of DayZ. When in the game I do see

@DayZ

Expansion

beta

on the upper right.

When I initially launch the game I get the same error: "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack".

Once I get to the main menu I get another error that says "No entry 'bin\configuration/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope".

It does let me into the multiplayer browser though. When I try to connect to a DayZ server it sits on the black screen that says "Wait for server".

I originally installed DayZ with the Six Updater Suite. A friend said he had more luck with the standalone install so I uninstalled the Six Updater Suite. I downloaded that and put the files in the \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation overhead\@DayZ\Addons\ directory. Still no luck. I'm now trying to uninstall operation arrowhead and reinstalling via steam and starting over.

I tried pretty much everything, do you have a skype? I can add you and we can try to solve this together.

Just A:CO from the Steam Sale, installed, updated, beta patch applied, same error as the OP. :/

Just A:CO from the Steam Sale, installed, updated, beta patch applied, same error as the OP. :/

I don't get why the developers have not explained this error yet.

I had this error after installing some DLCs.

I found out (thanks Ski) that every time you install one part of Arma 2 you need to patch it to the lastest version then open it and run a mission in the game to let it load the modules. You don't need to reinstall. This should prevent the errors when launching DayZ.

Install Arma 2, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc.

Install Operation Arrowhead, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (OA/CO patch)

Install PMC, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (PMC patch)

Install BAF, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (BAF patch)

• Like 1

Install PMC, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (PMC patch)

Install BAF, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (BAF patch)

Should i buy the BAF and PMC expansions???

had these problems:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"start the game i get "ca_dubbing_counterattack"

i solved the issue and thought i´d share it:

what i did was i copied the addons map an put it in the arma 2 operation arrowhead map like this:

copied this map: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2\Addons

and put it here: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Edited by Northling
  • Like 1

Hi Northling,

what you copie/paste exactly, please?

Cause inthe first :C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2\Addons, there is many, many things

thanks

Tried what scanvenger said and now i canoot play arma2 operation arrowhead. True the errors go away BUT it launches the Combined operations now with no ability to play single player!!! WTF. I have Dayz playing i wanna train on arma 2 OA....!!!

Hello,

I am getting a error on startup and a error when I get to the main menu. I don't know what is wrong, I have tried google, youtube and trying to find posts on this forums the error is Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I have tried to run the patch, I have ran both arma and arma 2 in admin mode, I have tried to re download the files, I have checked all directories.

I just don't know what is wrong..

If someone could help that would be great.

Edit: Everybody, I have fixed this error. All you need to do is run arma 2 and arma 2 operation whatever. You must go into a random mission with both of them and the reload DayZ to fix it!

wait dude i dont get it when u said u hafta go into a random mission

wait dude i dont get it when u said u hafta go into a random mission

Actually what it is, is that you have to run both games once to create profiles, once you've done that it should run ok as long as you have installed correctly and use correct launch parameters

Tried what scanvenger said and now i canoot play arma2 operation arrowhead. True the errors go away BUT it launches the Combined operations now with no ability to play single player!!! WTF. I have Dayz playing i wanna train on arma 2 OA....!!!

You have to launch without @dayz

Happens to me as well, although I just hit "OK" and it runs fine.

Happened to me after 1.7.2.3

Actually what it is, is that you have to run both games once to create profiles, once you've done that it should run ok as long as you have installed correctly and use correct launch parameters

alright soooo i start like the campaign and like just start then exit with both games?

alright soooo i start like the campaign and like just start then exit with both games?

I don't think you even need to do that. Just run both Arma 2 and OA once, then quit.