Sign in to follow this  
Wynter

US 8 VA - hackers and possible admin collusion

Server US 8 VA

Time 11:30 PM CST 7/13/12 - 12:30 AM CST 7/14/12

After joining the server, I was prone outside the deer stand in the 10 60 block of the map NW of Pustoshka. My friend had been playing on the server for a little while. I had some difficulty logging in, and found that I had a dupe of my body nearby. I started to loot it, happy with my good fortune, and then died after a few minutes to 4 very loud shots. My friend died at the same time, almost exactly to the same number of shots.

I chalked this up to coincidence, and ran back up the west side of the map in hopes of retrieving part of my corpse. I ran for a very long time, near to dehydration (bleeding from blinking water) and ended up at 017047 NW of Lopatino. I found a Ural truck in the middle of the woods, and inside it was an absolute treasure trove. I found a M107 and tons of ammo, 5 ghillie suits, blood bags, steaks, and a ridiculous amount of other gear inside this truck. All of it seemed to be legal, so I started looting. I gave the location to one of my friends who logged in nearby and we got ready to reap the harvest, thinking this was a legit bandit trove.

While I was waiting for him to appear, I was teleported to the middle of the ocean with all the gear intact. I logged out and back in, to no avail. I logged onto another server, and remained in the middle of the ocean but all the gear I had picked up was gone.

My friend took the hint and logged off, but then in a vengeful mood logged back in to grenade the truck. He did so, and was killed by a shot from nowhere. The truck did not explode.

This all seems a little too coincidental. I believe there are exploiters in possible collusion with an admin on the server, as I cannot imagine who else could teleport me to the ocean for messing with their (now) obvious loot stockpile.

Please investigate accordingly; I will provide any information you may need to follow up but unfortunately I did not capture any screenshots.

Server US 8 VA

Time 11:30 PM CST 7/13/12 - 12:30 AM CST 7/14/12

While I was waiting for him to appear, I was teleported to the middle of the ocean with all the gear intact. I logged out and back in, to no avail. I logged onto another server, and remained in the middle of the ocean but all the gear I had picked up was gone.

If you put on the ghillie suit, that might be the issue at fault. The suits are still a bit screwy.

If you put on the ghillie suit, that might be the issue at fault. The suits are still a bit screwy.

Fair enough, and that may be possible (though I thought that was fixed) - I just think the presence of 5 ghillie suits and the tons of gear that was in that Ural combined with coordinated insta-kills across a map and other odd activity warrants looking into. I'm not 100% sure it was hacking/duping or admin abuse, but it has a very suspicious odor to it.

Thanks for the info about the ghillies, though - I hadn't considered it might just still be bugged.

I don't think you know exactly what admins can do

Admins can:

-Restart servers

-Lock servers

-Kick/ban players

http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

It's most likely a glitch with the ghillie suit

And the earlier death may have been from a hacker

There is no evidence whatsoever of admin involvement

Edited by Badjr