Sign in to follow this  
Solarstorm

Fps drops, UI changed, rightlick glitchy, BAF error but it finally works! yay!

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Doomed ArmA X

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

OA: 94876 ArmA2: 1.11 DayZ: 1.7.2.1

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

"E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash <- i didn´t change anything there but looks weird o.O

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

My UI is green i don´t know if that is good or bad, before some patch (i think i it was arma 2 patch 1.11) it was orange... or yellow can´t remember^^...

Something is wrong with "rightcklick" - the window appears just for a very short time!

it´s quite hard to use bandages, beverages, food...secondary options like "remove from toolbelt" are impossible :(

i get a couple of no entry pop ups and the BAF error when i start the game but that doesn´t seem to affect dayz.

FPS drops in crowded areas - cherno is worst, it turns into a slideshow there...

i disabled shadows, AA and postprocess something...

the rest is on high(i tried on very low - fps drop the same if not worse...)

Benchmark 02: Average 59 FPS

My Specs are medium but this should be enough(can play Skyrim, Dirt3 etc... on high), it seems arma is as "optimized" as Gothic 3 was...nah it´s not that bad ;P

i´m sorry for grammar/spell/syntax.. errors i´m not an english native speaker

great mod btw! i have to convince my CS and LoL friends to play DayZ too!!!

*Your PC specs:

Quad 8200@2.33GHZ

4GB Ram

HD 5750

*Your Operating System:

Win7 64 Ultimate

The lag in the cities is pretty normal, I get about a 25-30 percent drop depending on where I am in the city.

The right click issues and that I'm not sure about. If you use Steam try and verify cache. Seems like you are missing some files somewhere.

I'm having issues with the right click as well. Usually I can double click the right mouse button or press 0 on the numpad to go into first person, but now I can't I've even verified the game catche, two files got replaced, but it's still not working.

The lag in the cities is pretty normal, I get about a 25-30 percent drop depending on where I am in the city.

The right click issues and that I'm not sure about. If you use Steam try and verify cache. Seems like you are missing some files somewhere.

I bought arma x in a store in real life to avoid steam.

"E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash <- i didn´t change anything there but looks weird o.O

Benchmark 02: Average 59 FPS

My Specs are medium but this should be enough(can play Skyrim, Dirt3 etc... on high), it seems arma is as "optimized" as Gothic 3 was...nah it´s not that bad ;P

1.I do not know how you came to such weird start options try to start the game via sixlauncher or to set the starting options to "-mod=@DayZ".

2. That you can run other games doesn't matter at all with arma because the most games do need a good gpu to run and arma needs a good cpu. Even though you should be fine with the quad core.

3. Make sure to start arma and everything related only as administrator otherwise arma will probably not load a bunch of files which could be your actual problem.

Edited by Streaforce

1.I do not know how you came to such weird start options try to start the game via sixlauncher or to set the starting options to "-mod=@DayZ".

I changed that and a "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine" popped up and i couldn´t start the game...ah whatever i keep it the old cfg i won´t go to cherno anyway...

Edit: startin via 6launcher changed the Ui back to brown and rightlick works again but its imposiible to plant tents...witch the glitchy green ui it works nice^^

Edited by Solarstorm