Sign in to follow this  
otis606

Choosing a Graphics Card

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Process 5000+ 2.60 GHz... I need to know if it has an AGP, PCI, or PCI-Express graphics card slot. thanks.

Do you know how? If there is a way other then digging in my PC motherboard... I'd rather do that.

Just go for a PCI-E basically, the processor you have... came out in 06... around that time.

It's safe to say, your motherboard has a PCI-E slot... If not, buy a new computer... Like really : )

AGP is pretty much dead or dying..

PCI is still there... For some things... I guess... not on the most modern motherboards but.

Yeah, the PSU.

I run a nVidia GTX 680, it says that I should have atleast 550Watts in the system.

The newer cards are less hungry for power, than ever.... So 750-850Watts is plenty for 1 GPU system.

Your best option is to open up your rig and check out your slot options, more often than not you'll see labels for each one. just look for PCI-E

I'd get a new motherboard and new CPU before a GPU... but if it is a 5000+, the chances are that that CPU is running on a motherboard that takes PCI-express 2.0