Sign in to follow this  
Scorned

To buy Arma 2; Steam or Amazon?

Hey guys. Any advantage to buying Arma 2 on Steam? It's $3 more on Steam.. I know one advantage is having it tied to my Steam account for ease of d/l later on.. any other reasons?

steam... its on sale on steam i dont believe it is on Amazon

It is on sale on Amazon for $19.99. Pay the extra $4 and buy it on Steam, just because Steam is awesome.

While I don't disagree about Steam being awesome, is that enough of a reason? ;)

Steam sales run till 22 of this month, they have a habit of putting stuff already on sale in the daily deal.

If you wait till the 22nd you can check if Steam puts it up REAL cheap, otherwise just go for whichever.

Steam is crap. I know numerous people that bought arma2 on steam who have nothing but trouble getting dayz to run.

Steam is crap. I know numerous people that bought arma2 on steam who have nothing but trouble getting dayz to run.

Oh how I love sweeping generalizations. Numerous people. Numerous.

Bought it day before sale. Didn't have any issues. Download Arma 2, Download CO. Then install+run Six Updater/Launcher. Verify files to patch. Join a server.

Steam is awesome. I've used it for 8 years and it's a very polished digital distribution platform which Amazon is not. If you want to save a few extra bucks go with amazon though. ;)

Okay, purchased on Steam just for ease. Thanks for the input fellas.

Everyone I know that have purchased from Steam have no problem with getting DayZ to work