Aselox

Dayz Linux Server - Mono?

Hello, the dayz staff say that the server software can only run under windows but what about mono?

I know that many windows-only gameservers run under mono so why dayz not?

Actually a Dayz server costs too much just because of this requirement.

I think that a Dayz linux server software is necessary for the growth of the community. I can't afford to pay a minimum of 50€ for just a dayz server and i think it's the same for about the 60% of the people here.

I own a Centos6 VPS with 4gb RAM 3 TB of traffic and a very strong processor and I would like to own a dayz server but i don't want to spend 50-60€ for a server which doesn't give me anything back further than the ability to say "i own a dayz server".

Please give me some feedback, i want to know your opinions :)

You can host DayZ with the latest wine experimental, if you don't want to install a window manager use Xvfb. Performs the same.

Edited by Chernarus

Which additional packages do you need for a DayZ Server? Iam trying to run it for 8 hours now using Wine 1.4.1 and I can't get it to work.

Which additional packages do you need for a DayZ Server? Iam trying to run it for 8 hours now using Wine 1.4.1 and I can't get it to work.

1.5x

I also tried 1.5.1, but it does not work either. So, what packages are needed? Do I need to install mono when first starting wine? More detailed answers would be great...