Sogaard

The best sniper spots in DayZ

Hello fellow bandits (and perhaps survivers). Today i got my second sniper, another AS50. Now i really want to learn some new sniper spots (especially a spot in the NW airfield), because i know there's a lot of ghosting going on/many people around many of the spots i already know. I would also like to share these spots with you guys, though you may already know them. These spots are:

- Northeast treeline above Elektro (Dobryy mountain). This spot is very common and popular, but also very good. You have view over most of the city, the roofs of hospital, powerplant firestation, school and i think the regular firestation too. You can see a lot of the road going out north of the city.

- Northwest treeline above Elektro (above the barn). This is very close to the other spot, not as good but still good view over the city and rooftops.

- Northwest hills to the Cherno hospital/apartments. Theres good overview around the whole hill, the angles just changes all the way.These spots are alright, you can see the top of all the tall buildings in cherno, and some of the street+openings to the apartments and hospital (including the roof of the hospital).

- On top of the tallest building in Cherno. This spot is also very good. But like the first spot mentioned, it is very popular, and you do risk getting ghosted or someone sneaking up on you from the ladder. The spot provides view over pretty much the whole city. (BTW: this is where i sneaked up the ladder and murdered two other bandits today and got my AS50. They both had AS50, coyote, bizon, NVG's and rangefinder. Yes i know.)

- Hills/trees above Stary Sobor military camp. Theres two spots for this, and they are both fairly common. You can be in the trees right next to the military camp and have view over the whole camp, but theres also a spot more northwest of this (right above the dead end road). From this spot you can see the entrance to the general store and some of the tents in the military camp.

- Hills east of the northeast airfield (Olsha mountain). From these hills you can see the whole NE airfield perfectly. Great spot, not common.

Do you know other good sniper spots, or do you have any tips? Feel free to share the banditry, anyways happy hunting.

• Like 2

If we listed all the good spots here, they would become shit spots by the end of the weak... that being said, I always prefer sniping in the forests, NEVER inside towns.

i prefir to go to Pop Ivan its allmost directly south of stary sobor this hill is great because you can see the military tents and the hills north of stary sobor where snipers usually are you can also see the entrance to stary so this is a very nice counter sniper and sniping spot.

• Like 1

Why would anyone in their right mind want to share good sniping spots with others? Once it's got lots of traffic it's no longer good.

Maybe he isn't a sniper, but instead hates snipers, and he's just pulling some social engineering on you?

Tell us all the sniper spots!

• Like 10

i prefir to go to Pop Ivan its allmost directly south of stary sobor this hill is great because you can see the military tents and the hills north of stary sobor where snipers usually are you can also see the entrance to stary so this is a very nice counter sniper and sniping spot.

Welp, can't snipe there anymore. *Facepalm*

Edited by The Hopper

The best spots are the ones no one knows about lol. But in all seriousness the only advice I can give is if you think your position is compromised then move. A sniper won't just have one good spot, they know what spots they can fall back on etc, it's more about being prepared than anything.

Welp, can't snipe there anymore. *Facepalm*

Edited by Lincolnshire Poacher

I like North of Cherno in the tree line past the first group of trees, people will have some nice medical supplies on them.

Also just 5 minutes ago I stalked someone as I was out of sniper ammo and I had to kill them with my Revovler :\

I might as well say that out of a couple towns there are certian small towers. About as high as a deer stand with a ladder going up to them. They dont have loot so no one ever goes there.

How about you man up and kill players fairly?

You're the kind of people that give bandits a bad name, sniping un armed players, killing everyone from 400+ Meters away, pussies.

- Northeast treeline above Elektro (Dobryy mountain). This spot is very common and popular, but also very good. You have view over most of the city, the roofs of hospital, powerplant firestation, school and i think the regular firestation too. You can see a lot of the road going out north of the city.

Not bad if done right and you have cover, way too easy to sneak up behind you if you don't have someone watching your back though.

]- Northwest treeline above Elektro (above the barn). This is very close to the other spot, not as good but still good view over the city and rooftops.

Better but still not that good. You can be seen from the main sniper hill, snuck up behind, etc.

]- Northwest hills to the Cherno hospital/apartments. Theres good overview around the whole hill, the angles just changes all the way.These spots are alright, you can see the top of all the tall buildings in cherno, and some of the street+openings to the apartments and hospital (including the roof of the hospital).

Not bad if you have cover or move after firing.

]- On top of the tallest building in Cherno. This spot is also very good. But like the first spot mentioned, it is very popular, and you do risk getting ghosted or someone sneaking up on you from the ladder. The spot provides view over pretty much the whole city. (BTW: this is where i sneaked up the ladder and murdered two other bandits today and got my AS50. They both had AS50, coyote, bizon, NVG's and rangefinder. Yes i know.)

Absolutely TERRIBLE place to be. You can be shot SO easily from anywhere outside or around Cherno. I love when people go up there, it's a free kill.

]- Hills/trees above Stary Sobor military camp. Theres two spots for this, and they are both fairly common. You can be in the trees right next to the military camp and have view over the whole camp, but theres also a spot more northwest of this (right above the dead end road). From this spot you can see the entrance to the general store and some of the tents in the military camp.

Easy to be seen, easy to sneak up behind people. Only good if you have someone watching you.

There are several spots around Cherno in every direction that give sight over key areas, and few people expect to be hit from there. Not going to list them for obvious reasons. There are spots like this in the NWAF, around Stary, Zelenogorsk, and a couple of other towns I frequent as well. I avoid Elektro because there aren't any spots to snipe from where I feel comfortable, although when I'm in the area I stick around for a few minutes to check for snipers on Dobryy before moving on.

How about you man up and kill players fairly?

You're the kind of people that give bandits a bad name, sniping un armed players, killing everyone from 400+ Meters away, pussies.

Sniper rifles are fair. Where did he say he kills unarmed players?

Edited by xFortune
  • Like 1

The best spots are the ones no one knows about lol. But in all seriousness the only advice I can give is if you think your position is compromised then move. A sniper won't just have one good spot, they know what spots they can fall back on etc, it's more about being prepared than anything.

I fully second that. As they say: “Always suppose you’re observed. At any time”. Sniping requires knowing your location and having possible alternate fallback spots. And plan your infil and exfil cautiously. Having a spotter is a big help too, but not always possible though.

Edited by Zippo356

killing everyone from 400+ Meters away, pussies.

Er, what do you use your sniper rifle for then? Close range shoot outs in the supermarket?

• Like 3

Er, what do you use your sniper rifle for then? Close range shoot outs in the supermarket?

well, only if you are a dumbass. This happened to me at NWAF. guy in firestation ghosted out behind me, shot me in back with a CZ550. knocked me down for a sec but he didn't realize I was dead. when I woke up (he was in the middle of looting my backpack) I dropped 8 rounds of L85 into his face. Very fun.

My good sniper spots are anywhere I can take a shot. It doesn't even need to be a wide field of view. Take a vehicle, leave it on a road/runway, go up in the tree's with a narrow field of view down to said vehicle, and let the fun begin.

• Like 1