Sign in to follow this  
Elytra

Study Fireplace Option

I'm not sure if this would be a feasible addition to the game, but I think it would be great if, when a player encounters another player's abandoned fireplace, a "study" option is given in the radial menu, similair to the one offered with discovered corpses. Doing so would tell the player whether the fireplace was cool, warm, or still-smoldering, etc.

Edited by Elytra
  • Like 1

Nice idea. Don't listen to the people who will say, "But if the fireplace was still hot it would burn you!"

I think this would be a nice addition. It'd make you have to be sneakier with your fireplaces. Maybe if it's recent enough it could say something like "This fire is still burning, and look, there are footprints heading to the north!"

Great idea! maybe the addition of using drinks to make them cold straight away aswell? :)

That'd be cool. Have it be colder, and the drink would dry faster than the fire would cool, but if someone came up they would feel it's wet.

This is actually a good idea. I've always liked the idea of tracking other players, and being able to check a fireplace would be pretty neat. Maybe this idea could be expanded on further by implementing some sort of tracking system. There is a rudimentary ability to do this with the "pop-up" grass, letting you know a player is in the area and has crawled through recentley. I don't have any ideas in particular, but maybe someone more creative than I will have something to contribute.

+1 Would love to see this ingame.

This game can take more player tracing elements.

In theory its fun, but in reality do you ever find an old fireplace? Whenever i make a fireplace and dont pay attention i sometimes cant even find where it is too light it.

Miragenz, my inspiration for suggesting this was finding an old fireplace in-game yesterday and not knowing how long it had been there.

I had not thought of the possibility of sacrificing one of your drinks to put out the fire more thouroughly, that too would be excellent.

Edited by Elytra

Pretty nice and simple idea. Finding a fireplace is quite rare, but it would be nice to know for how long it has been there if you do. Denying this inspection at the expense of water or soda is a great idea too.

Miragenz, my inspiration for suggesting this was finding an old fireplace in-game yesterday and not knowing how long it had been there.

Well alright, but how long have you been playing and how often did you find them?

+1

Well alright, but how long have you been playing and how often did you find them?

Does it matter how often you find them? A feature of a game doesn't have to be implemented because it's common, quite the contrary to be honest.

I do not often find them, in fact I can't think of another time aside from yesterday that I did.

It's not likely anyone will be around you in the middle of the woods when you make a fire either, and I've never been found or killed (to my knowledge) because of burning one. Regardless, I feel a sense of danger every time I make one, and put them out as quickly as I can.

That sense would be heightened if you knew you were leaving a tangible sign to another player that you had been there recently even after you put it out, however remote the possibility of it being discovered. And, conversely, it would add a rare instance of suspense when you yourself discover an old fireplace that is still warm.

Just for completion, so you would get the options:

- put out fire

- put out fire using drink or something?