Sign in to follow this  
cjust89

l85 tws still in game

So today our server upgraded to the latest version 1.7.2.3 arma oa 94876 and we found a l85 tws and thermal does work, this is a public server hosted by vilayer. Can anyone confirm the gun is on their server too!

there was never an L85A2 TWS, there however was an L85A2 AWS variant. all TWS guns we're spawned in by a hacker, there on no legit guns with a TWS in DayZ at this point.

Rocket already stated that the removal of the L85A2 AWS (along with 1-2 other guns) was a mistake, and would be fixed in the next update.

I think thermal scope weapons are way over powered and should be taken out, just my two cents

I can confirm that they are still in the game but you cannot pick them up, you also get an error when trying to loot one.

my mistake yes meant AWS, i got the error the first time we found one as well some .paa error but the second time (next day) it let us loot it.

I'm carrying an L85A2 AWS right now both thermal and NVS work on it. I did not crash when I looted it, and I don't crash when I use it.

Odd.

yeah I also found L85A2 AWS from heli crash site seemed perfectly legit and didnt crash when looted it and I dont crash when I use it and everything with the gun works perfectly

I think thermal scope weapons are way over powered and should be taken out, just my two cents

well it is super rare ...sooo i think its balanced.

No. If anything, they should just have their drop rates lowered even more than they already are. The gun is already pretty rare. It wouldn't hurt to make it a bit more rare considering it's a counter-snipers dream gun. You truly can live fear-free if you have one as long as you keep doing a quick 360 scan around you every so often. That kind of perk needs to be made EXTREMELY rare. I want to be able to obtain it, I want others to obtain it and use it, I just want getting it to feel like a really fortunate event. I've seen several as of now. It's already obtained via chopper crashes, but as we know... chopper crashes are easy to find, more so if you have a vehicle to roam the map in(Bikes are great for this sort of thing). Just decrease the drop rate a little bit in my opinion. This way, maybe only a couple people per server are ever alive with one, and it would feel "special" (I use that term loosely) to have it.

• Like 2

No. If anything, they should just have their drop rates lowered even more than they already are. The gun is already pretty rare. It wouldn't hurt to make it a bit more rare considering it's a counter-snipers dream gun. You truly can live fear-free if you have one as long as you keep doing a quick 360 scan around you every so often. That kind of perk needs to be made EXTREMELY rare. I want to be able to obtain it, I want others to obtain it and use it, I just want getting it to feel like a really fortunate event. I've seen several as of now. It's already obtained via chopper crashes, but as we know... chopper crashes are easy to find, more so if you have a vehicle to roam the map in(Bikes are great for this sort of thing). Just decrease the drop rate a little bit in my opinion. This way, maybe only a couple people per server are ever alive with one, and it would feel "special" (I use that term loosely) to have it.

totally agree, i would like to see heli crash sites become more random and rare along with this weapon, so that when i finally find it i am like OMFG

Indeed. No need to remove it (should you remove choppers because they allow players to move around really fast and rain death upon hapless beach spawners?). The game doesn't have a host of possible tangible objectives. Getting rare and powerful loot is one of em, I'd rather not have that removed.

But a very very low rate of spawn is good, keep it as special as possible.