Sign in to follow this  
viperthesamurai

Can't find supplies?

I don't know if this is a double post, couldn't find anything on it but here goes.

I have the retail of CO and downloaded DayZ from the six updater. I finally got everything running and have been spending some time trying to survive. The places i've come across have been "completely" empty. I thought "Ok someone else came here and picked it clean." So i go on and everywhere i go, across several servers i can't seem to find ANYTHING on the ground, not even empty cans. I'm starting to think i'm missing something, or is it just terrible luck. I can believe that too.

Happens to me all the time. I believe it's a bug in the current gear & zombie spawning system. If all you find is backpacks & no zombies, alt+tab & wait several minutes for gear and zombies to spawn. That and connecting to the closest server you can should be your best bet. Nevertheless, it is a very annoying bug.

It's the possibility that you are just having really bad lucky or the servers have been on for a really long time, try to wait 5 minutes to see if they spawn.