Sign in to follow this  
TylerDurden (DayZ)

I "found" a working bus.... but I'm low on fuel and not sure where I am

I've "found" a worked bus but I was lost when I found it and have hidden it in the wilderness and logged off. I have a map and a watch no gps or compass. Is their anyway to find my location without running around trying to find the nearest town and risk losing it?

I've "found" a worked bus but I was lost when I found it and have hidden it in the wilderness and logged off. I have a map and a watch no gps or compass. Is their anyway to find my location without running around trying to find the nearest town and risk losing it?

You could ask someone for directions :rolleyes:

When you log on you'll get a hint (bottom right) of your location. Use that combined with your map to figure it out. If you need to know which way is north use your watch and the position of the sun. Also, the clouds always move from West to East.

Drive it like you stole it. Then blow it up.

You could always disable it somewhere hidden and then go find all the parts and gas you need and come back to it.

If you send me a set of SS's showing your 360, I might be able to tell you where you are. Its a 50/50 though since you have no compass. I might also need you to move a certain direction and do a 360 there so make sure you know which direction those SS's are in if they look very similar.

If you are worried I am trying to position you so I can get you, just don't tell me the server name.

Edited by Lev

As one of the people above me mentioned, when you first log on your location is displayed in the lower right. Try to get a general idea of where you are and follow a road to the nearest road sign.

Also, a bus is going to be hard to maintain. It's really only worth driving around the coast picking people up/goofing around. Definitely don't bring that thing anywhere near your camp. Thing is an eye sore.