Sign in to follow this  
mbWarlock

Graphics Card question...

So after my Dad watching me play many hours of DayZ and ask about what's been happening in the game he decided to get it whilst it was on sale, but the only problem is that onboard graphics isn't enough...and after telling him to just pick up a cheap graphics card he's linked me to this and asked if it's k, so I put the question to the forum...

Is this graphics card good enough for Arma2/DayZ?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-eah6450-silent-di-1gd3-lp-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-10854898-pdt.html

if u play on a low graphics setting u can play without a dedicated graphics card as long as it is a decent computer... but the one u got there should be plenty

I'm no expert but in my opinion that's not going to be powerful enough. DayZ use the Arma engine which is pretty well known for being resource hungry. To play any modern games nowadays you'll need a decent amount of RAM (at least 2 GIGS), a decent processor (multi-core if you can) and a decent graphics card. I may be wrong so it's worth getting some other opinions. Do you know what the other specs. of your PC are?

Edit* I just found this quote on a review for that card : "When I added the graphics card it allowed me to play most games at medium settings. I was able to run battlefield 3 at medium settings and that is a graphically demanding game. Other than for improving the gaming capabilities of the computer the graphics card isn't all that much better than my built in graphics. It's cheap and works well though. It did lower my windows index experience on the performance for windows areo. It lowered it from 5.6 down to 4.5."

Like I say it depends on a few other things. If you go to Start Menu/Computer/System properties and take a look at you specs it'll give you an idea what you have. Post it up here if you want and we'll see if it's enough.

If not just be really nice to your Dad.

Edited by Fraggle

I play on an HP i7 Laptop w/ 8GB Ram and i get 60 frames/second on the low quality setting... i do have the Intel HD 3000 graphics card (256kb) but its a default and all around shitty card and i still run 30-50 frames on the normal and high settings