Sign in to follow this  
monstacookie

you cannot play/edit this mission. it depends on things that have been deleted.DayZ_etc. etc.

Anyone else has gotten this when joining a server? I have installed the DayZ beta patch following this guide:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thnx in advance

EDIT: I have the beta patch 94444 (which I think is the latest one) and the exact error message I get when joining a 94444 server is:

You cannot play/edit this mission. it depends on things that have been deleted.DayZ_Code

So maybe I deleted some DayZ_Code winzip or winrar or whatever file..?? I'm still having this problem and it seems like quite a few others do as well..

EDIT2: Found it!! if you get this particular error message, it means you have to extract those files mentioned in the error message to your dayZ folder. In my case it was DayZ_Code. Easy fix!

Edited by monstacookie

Also getting this.

However, I cannot install beta patches anymore, tells me I have the wrong cd key then tells me i have a newer version of arma: oa 1.61 instead of 1.60

Any help would be great.

Either your beta patch didn't fit to the server beta patch or your actual DayZ version didn't fit to the server. Be aware that a lot of severs are running completly other versions of arma and dayz then they claim in the description. Basically get the newest working DayZ and the newest working Arma 2 Beta patch and try to find a server who is as actual as you are. (The Info video is btw correct but you dont have neither to download normally your patches manually just use the sixupdater with that one you can also ignore the cmd file , in case you do want to download it manually i would recommend to write into the Arma 2 OA start options "-mod=@DayZ" and then to start the beta patch via the beta patch icon and delete the cmd because those often cause only more bugs ).

Edited by Streaforce