Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone else just been updated to this? I was sitting on SixLauncher after it had updated, looking at potential servers to join, whilst casually perusing the forums, when I tabbed back to SixLauncher and realised it had another update for me.

I'm now running v1.7.2.3 and just about all of the servers on SixLauncher are greyed out. I attempted to join one, only to get a message telling me the server was outdated.

Also got a weird screen flashing akin to falling unconscious in-game. Anyone know what this is?

Many thanks.

mine just updated to this version as well. 10 hours of install and trying to log in once. 4 hours of play time last night in the darkness and rain only to die. Today 4 more hours of trying to log in. Game is fucking hard....working as intended?

There are a few updated servers. They all seem to get stuck on "Wait for Host" for me. If you find an updated server and are able to join it, let us know what happens ingame then. Most of the time outdated servers can act weird when you join them when updated.

Game is fucking hard....working as intended?

Unfortunately yeah :P Best bet? Go with a server that's outside your timezone, work it out so it's daytime and you can get used to the game in the light.

Only just saw this, it was knocked so far down the announcement page I could only see the 1.7.2.2 topic.

There are a few updated servers. They all seem to get stuck on "Wait for Host" for me. If you find an updated server and are able to join it, let us know what happens ingame then. Most of the time outdated servers can act weird when you join them when updated.

Will do.

I just got this updated to fix the screwed up version Six Updater did to me earlier. My character had been reset earlier.

I load with this new one and I'm at a location and with the equipment I had about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Not a problem since this puts me in a better position that reset on the beach. Has anyone else reverted to a much older character save?

Same ....

Hello just registred to post this. Today I bought ArmA II CO on steam and been trying to get DayZ to work all day long with no avail. Tried different versions and installation methods ect ect but still no dice. So now I updated to 1.7.2.3 and still cant play. I keep getting ''wait for host'' message so any help would be appreaciated.

I've got the new beta patch. 94444 seems to work fine with me.

The thing that works for me: Join a server running the current DayZ patch, with any beta patch that is/or above 94444.

Hello Killswitch, welcome. The way I found most simple was:

-Installed Arma 2 (Steam - As Administrator)

-Installed Arma 2 OA (Steam - As Administrator)

-Run BOTH at least once. (As Administrator) - Needed for first time setup etc & to verify your CDkey, else you'll get all sorts of problems in game.

-Download and install SixUpdater (As Administrator) - http://dayzmod.com/?SixUpdater

-Run SixLAUNCHER (As Administrator) - Make sure you run Launcher and not Updater.

-Big green install button under the DayZ logo on the left, it will install both the Beta patch needed and the DayZ files.

-Pick a server with a low ping and not many players and join it!

If you still have problems, come back and tell me specifically when you start getting errors etc.

I've got the new beta patch. 94444 seems to work fine with me.

The thing that works for me: Join a server running the current DayZ patch, with any beta patch that is/or above 94444.

Hello Killswitch, welcome. The way I found most simple was:

-Installed Arma 2 (Steam - As Administrator)

-Installed Arma 2 OA (Steam - As Administrator)

-Run BOTH at least once. (As Administrator) - Needed for first time setup etc & to verify your CDkey, else you'll get all sorts of problems in game.

-Download and install SixUpdater (As Administrator) - http://dayzmod.com/?SixUpdater

-Run SixLAUNCHER (As Administrator) - Make sure you run Launcher and not Updater.

-Big green install button under the DayZ logo on the left, it will install both the Beta patch needed and the DayZ files.

-Pick a server with a low ping and not many players and join it!

If you still have problems, come back and tell me specifically when you start getting errors etc.

you didnt make the @DayZ folder/addons? .........mine isnt working but you sure thats all you did?

Im still having the stuck in loading screen issue. I have been trying to actually get to play this game for several hours now=(

Edited by subluminal

^ That's all I did.

Using SixLauncher does all the work for you. Not sure why everyone has to fiddle about with 20 different torrents and make folders in certain directories when one program does the entire thing for you.

Im reinstalling as I write this...........I admit I did some youtube install shit.........six launcher was the last thing I ever did........but I did get in for about 4 hours last night and had a blast.

I hope this helps me. Thanks