WORM (DayZ)

what is waiting on server response? ??

That's what it say when I load in to any server. What do I need to do to get this fixed

I've been getting this on pretty much every server about 50+% of the time.

game is basically unplayable right now, every server I join i get stuck on this indefinitely. Was working alright earlier...

and when it does finally load it keeps putting me in the debug forest every time

Yeah same here..I've tried 10+ servers and have this issue. I give them each a good 10 mins to load..and nothing. Hope this is fixed soon. Btw, ♥ the mod!

game is basically unplayable right now' date=' every server I join i get stuck on this indefinitely. Was working alright earlier...

[hr']

and when it does finally load it keeps putting me in the debug forest every time

Me and many other people are getting this same problem except personally i've never connected for the past 2 hours

This timing out stuff should be better soon (tm for you EvE bitter vets)...

There is gradual changes made as its a bunch of different issues.

BI is making something in the next patch BTW as the ARMA2 was never made to handle the load this mod makes so somethings needed to be changed in their code.

Source is the interviews and I talked to some of the devs these past days...

its because its friday and with so many people trying to join the limited servers we are creating a sort of simulated ddos effect on the main server that holds the database

imo we should have regional based db's that connect as slaves to the master would lower alot of the pressure off the main

still a great alpha mod imo

I'm considering making a document with this information, so I can cut and paste it..

This is, to my anecdotal knowledge how the system works:

You decide to try to connect to Ny1. You start on the server and some bits download. At some point, that NY1 tries to connect to a central character repository server. This central repository server (not ny1) is the server that has your last know location as well as your equipment information on it.

When tons of people try to connect, and especially when they are spamming reconnects, it's like having everyone in one line. Only if you disconnect without the server timing out, you leave sort of a phantom place in line. Thus, people disconnecting and reconnecting, and busy time result in a longer and longer and longer line.

As always, remember that this is an ALPHA mod.

if all servers connect to the main

why can i play on some servers rather than others?

e.g Night servers are working but not Day

if another one of you monkeys say its because cause of the overwhelmingly populated servers i call bullshit! My friends can play just fine. There is something wrong with some clients. some kind of netcode? Please look into fast i really enjoy this game!!!

I'm considering making a document with this information' date=' so I can cut and paste it..

You decide to try to connect to Ny1. You start on the server and some bits download. At some point, that NY1 tries to connect to a central character repository server. This central repository server (not ny1) is the server that has your last know location as well as your equipment information on it.

When tons of people try to connect, and especially when they are spamming reconnects, it's like having everyone in one line. Only if you disconnect without the server timing out, you leave sort of a phantom place in line. Thus, people disconnecting and reconnecting, and busy time result in a longer and longer and longer line.

[/quote']

I've tried just waiting it out, but after about 10 minutes the waiting for server to responds message disappears and it always spawns me in the 'debug forest'.

Its been impossible for me to play at all since this morning, even after waiting 10-20 minutes.

I'm considering making a document with this information' date=' so I can cut and paste it..

[/quote']

I've tried just waiting it out, but after about 10 minutes the waiting for server to responds message disappears and it always spawns me in the 'debug forest'.

Its been impossible for me to play at all since this morning, even after waiting 10-20 minutes.

Yesterday I played all day. When I tried to reconnect after about 2 pacific, I could not. I went and did someone else..

This morning, I had fine luck, then not so much for a while, then my gf and I got in a good couple of hours.

I recommend deciding to try for an hour or so, then finding something else to do if it gets frustrating.

I let each try last about 10 minutes or so. If it doesn't work, I fully disconnect and try a different server. Yes, sometimes it happens quickly, and sometimes.... Never.. I believe it is the central server issue. Its missing it's query and leaving each Ayer dumped, not knowing that they are unable to connect.

So you try, and 3 minutes in, the attempt fails.... But you see nothiing change... IF you spawn, debug forest, most likely.

L

Found a fix for me. I logged onto my buddys account! and it works i can play again. Must be something with the steamids?

Found a fix for me. I logged onto my buddys account! and it works i can play again. Must be something with the steamids?

Not likely. Most likely, coincidence.