kirai

The tv show Walking Dead

If anyone have seen the tv show "Walking Dead" it's damn close to Dayz. It almost seems like the team who made this game have been using ideas from this show. The show is awesome btw

Meh, I found the show to be rather uninspired. Instead of focusing on the harrowing experience of being a survivor they quickly turned it into a soap opera.

Books are better. I highly doubt they're taking much from the show, you can compare pretty much any zombie IP to DayZ.

Books are better.

Definately.. Thats why I mute the show and turn on the sub-titles.

Books are better. I highly doubt they're taking much from the show, you can compare pretty much any zombie IP to DayZ.

Best thing about the show for me is that it made me go buy the books because of everyone saying how much better they were. Best buy ever. lol. Though i still do enjoy the show but the pacing of season 2 was all over the place. Hoping season 3 will be better, expecially with the material they have to work with.

Well I'm just on the second chapter of season one :P. I'm not a fan of zombie movies and the ones I've seen is like they had not economy to make a good one. I think this show anyways more compare to the game then the ones I've seen earlier. About the books. Almost every movie based on a book is worse then the book but I have a hard time reading books cause I cant focus on to much text

Edited by Secutor

You know what game really looks like it was based off the walking dead?

The walking dead....

Seriously.

First of all, this is what I feel about the game and the show but taste is different thank god :P

Why I think its like the show is cause the Zeds in the show react to sounds and drag several with em, the are drawn to light, you can toss something to make em investigate and so forth but maybe most of the zombie movies is like this but the ones I've seen have not.

I edited my earlier post, I don't read cause I have a hard time to focus so thats why.

You know what game really looks like it was based off the walking dead?

The walking dead....

Seriously.

If there is a game called "the walking dead, I don't know about it.....seriously <_<

Meh, I found the show to be rather uninspired. Instead of focusing on the harrowing experience of being a survivor they quickly turned it into a soap opera.

That's why I like it. It's not like all the other zombie TV-Series/Films, this has a much deeper story for each character.

A lot of the problems came from AMC and their attempt to penny pinch their biggest hit. I found the story interesting though. It was brave of them to focus the show on a mentally handicapped child and how many people he could get killed.

The first series of the walking dead was awesome then it went downhill from then on.

Ok, many shows get bad after the first season unfortunently. As I said, have just watched the second episode so I might think the same

I think one of the main reasons I like the Walking Dead is because it's shot in my hometown, the "CDC"(they actually used a fairly new theatre) external shots were filmed 15 minutes from my house, and they'ved filmed zombie attacks at places that I would walk by every day on the way to class. Made it a lot more realistic when I actually knew and could relate to the places they were at. That being said, I'm still pissed at Dish from dropping AMC (and IFC, they had some good movies)

I think one of the main reasons I like the Walking Dead is because it's shot in my hometown, the "CDC"(they actually used a fairly new theatre) external shots were filmed 15 minutes from my house, and they'ved filmed zombie attacks at places that I would walk by every day on the way to class. Made it a lot more realistic when I actually knew and could relate to the places they were at. That being said, I'm still pissed at Dish from dropping AMC (and IFC, they had some good movies)

Thats cool, totally understand that this adds to the show :)

If there is a game called "the walking dead, I don't know about it.....seriously <_<

There is one available on Steam and Activision just announced they are looking to produce a FPS based on the books/show.

There is one available on Steam and Activision just announced they are looking to produce a FPS based on the books/show.

^^^ This. Steam has a season pass for it available (access to all 5 episodes as they become available.) And it's styled off the comic, Plus it is actually slightly traumatic since you are forced to make no time cut and run decisions with consequences almost immediately after.

Its both terrifying and amazing.