LukeSkywalkers

Blinking Blackscreen

Can you give me one of the servers you've connected to that gives you black screen?

DayZ - NZ10

The problem is the servers I find are just tagged with "1.7.2" and not "1.7.2.1" or "1.7.2.2"...

Anyway how do I downgrade again? People say you shouldn't use 1.7.2.2 cause it wasn't supposed to be released yet and is still not fully done yet.

instead of everyone saying they got this problem, could someone actually give some advice?

DayZ - NZ10

That server is a 1.7.2.1 one. So that's the reason you get black screens on that one.

instead of everyone saying they got this problem, could someone actually give some advice?

This.

That server is a 1.7.2.1 one. So that's the reason you get black screens on that one.

They must have reset, about 20 mins ago they were 1.7.2.2

Everyone who's getting black screens. Could you try connecting to one of the following servers: SE 12, RU 2, RU 3, NL 13, UK8, US 172, US 371

All of those are currently version 1.7.2.2.

I connected to "SE 12", and I got image there. It's very dark due to night though.

Edited by XAM

Everyone who's getting black screens. Could you try connecting to one of the following servers: SE 12, RU 2, RU 3, NL 13, UK8, US 172, US 371

All of those are currently version 1.7.2.2.

I connected to "SE 12", and I got image there. It's very dark due to night though.

Can you attempt to find a Australia/New Zealand server that works? I can't find one and I'm Aussie.

Just connected to U.S 172 and 371 and still did it, it's not a server compatibility issue...

US 172, DE 10, same problem here.

I also have no HUD with blood amount ... and when i eat or drink this have no effect, my char stay crouch and nothing happens

i have udate to 1.7.2 and i balck sceen on all the update severs and i can not join the not update severs

Edited by DarkJester

Im getting blacked scren and ive tryed all suggestions from this thread and nothing wored I NEED DayZ!!

Just connected to U.S 172 and 371 and still did it, it's not a server compatibility issue...

I just tried connecting to US 172 and I got black screen there as well.

Could you try SE 12 even though you might get bad latency? Cause I was in there and got image. I'm going to try connect there again.

There's a new arma 2 beta out: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94945.zip

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

There's also a new DayZ patch out: 1.7.2.3

Edited by XAM

I managed to connect to a 1.7.2 server OK then connected to another to find a more populated one and I get the black screen with it sometimes flashing to full colour for a split second... there is also no sound too. No matter was server I try, its all the same.

Connecting with Six Launcher with everything up to date, installed by Six Updater/ launcher !

So far this 1.7.2 release is baaaad.......

This forum has a couple of fixes listed...namely, making sure, if youve taken todays update from six launcher on or after 1201pm gmt-6, then you must find a server that is compatible with.2. Or you could do as some others have done, to play on servers without this update, you can dload a previous version, and replace the file in the folder. good luck!

I had the same problem. Unfortunately I decided to delete my ArmA content from steam, and am know waiting while the whole thing downloads again. Also unfortunately for me, during this crap I spawned on the beach - lost an AKM, a Coyote Pack (the big one), and a tent. :(