[PSA] Fix to fading black screen!

EDIT 1: Just as a warning to people, apparently 1.7.2.2 was not meant to be officially released on six launcher according to the devs. However, it's running MUCH smoother than 1.7.2 and with far less issues, so I'm continuing to run it on my servers. Use at your own risk.

Hey Everyone,

The reason some players are getting this constant fade-to-black and back in-game is because server owners need to update their dayz_anim and dayz_code files. The problem is the only way to get the dayz_code file at the moment is via six launcher, so I just grabbed it off my computer and moved it to my server.

My server's online, and running latest patch perfectly.

Links:

dayz_code 1.7.2.2

http://vaquxine.com/...yz_anim 0.4.zip

dayz_anim 0.4

http://vaquxine.com/...ode 1.7.2.2.zip

Edited by Guest

Updated links. My server is #LOTC.

Hi and Thanks Vaxquine. Is one of those links incorrect?

Also, where did you get these files? We're with VI Layer, and no patch has come through on the CP yet

Hi and Thanks Vaxquine. Is one of those links incorrect?

Also, where did you get these files? We're with VI Layer, and no patch has come through on the CP yet

Fixed link, sorry about that. I pulled these files off the six launcher DB.

There is nothing wrong with the code files that were made available to server admins and servers which were properly updated to 1.7.2.2 before it was pulled work.

That does not change, that it shouldn't have been updated, however and that there appear to be many servers which were inexpertly updated.

Edited by n156180

1.7.2.3 just rolled out, as I was finishing up the install with SixLauncher. Found your server in a google search about the fading to black issue and still get it. TIL, the launcher installed 1.7.2.3 for me. I got in for a few minutes to hear about a guy getting whistled at cause he asked what, I'm assuming, the mods were gonna do about him tellin everyone to shut up. Good ping from where I'm located so until all this blows over and the patches line up, I'll be at the Winchester havin a pint.