I'd like to begin by giving the Dev-team my thanks for a wonderful mod, this is what i've been looking for in every "zombie survival-game" iv'e ever bought.

Then i'd like to clarify that this is not a suggestion directed to the developers, but the players. I've been hearing alot of complaining about pvp lately and alot of thoughts about having "safe-zones" and some kind of puishment for PKers.

My suggestion to all of those who doesn't like pvp is to group up, because there does seem to be a fair amount of you, and don't be so damn wreckless. I see people lighting up whole cities with flares at night while looking for supplies, no wonder you're getting killed. I'd also like to add that in my opinion, zombies is no actual challange. They are easy to bypass by just crawling and they are not contributing to the dynamic gameplay rather than giving the game a really good atmosphere and setting for Player vs. player. I bet that if people got their way and made this into some semi-rpg like wow, with special abilities for those with high humanity, and safezone for trading. You will kill it.

Don't take away the dynamic of this game.

I hope i made some sence and wrote this so that most of you understand. Excuse my grammar.

I see people lighting up whole cities with flares at night while looking for supplies' date=' no wonder you're getting killed.[/quote']

When I'm looting at night, flares are the last thing I use. Maybe, MAYBE a flashlight for at most a few seconds, but slow, steady crawling with limited light is the best way to go.

I agree. I love the felling when theres some one shooting at you and there are zombies every where.

I agree. I love the felling when theres some one shooting at you and there are zombies every where.

Having a hard time telling how serious you are:P

Although I do agree that PvP is a vital part of the game and it's great the way it is now, something does have to be changed to stop everyone turning into a bandit.

I remember when I first played dayZ, Pkers were sort of rare, well at least more so than now. There was a lot more ground for trust to built on between players. Now that everyone's realized that killing the person in front of them is a much safer bet than not doing so; I feel that one of the other core elements of this mod, trust, is in turn slipping away.

I wish the flashlight worked like it should.

Flares are the only option when you first spawn on the beach at night (barring a moon), yours or other's in the distance.

Since when is "trust" a core element of a zombie outbreak? Your trust is for you and your own.. if someone proves to not be stupid through weeks of consistently being useful and contributing, then maybe you can let your guard down a bit.

Since when is "trust" a core element of a zombie outbreak? Your trust is for you and your own.. if someone proves to not be stupid through weeks of consistently being useful and contributing' date=' then maybe you can let your guard down a bit.

[/quote']

I think he meant that people working together, and asking people out if they're friendly, they just shoot them because they're afraid they will die.

Since when is "trust" a core element of a zombie outbreak? Your trust is for you and your own.. if someone proves to not be stupid through weeks of consistently being useful and contributing' date=' then maybe you can let your guard down a bit.

[/quote']

In order to keep them around for a week you need to not shoot them in the first place, so let's not confuse lack of trust with shooting-on-sight.

In a real apocalypse setting, there'd probably be a lot of initial distrust, but that wouldn't mean every survivor would attack each other immediately; preferring co-operation over mutual annihilation is why we as humans even exist in the first place. However we can already see what the evolutionary stable strategy is for this simulation (shoot or be shot) and it's one that will ensure the playerbase eventually dwindles to extinction.

This thread should be in general section or another not in the suggestions, suggestions is for alterations to the mod and not player advice.

How do you balance the "Don't Care" aspect introduced by respawns and being able to get away with looting readily available Winchesters?

Reduce supplies, and make them more difficult to get to in order to foster co-operation. Naturally this also will up the "desperation" factor. All in all it's far easier to shoot, loot, and move on than it is to ask, and even then it's asking still opens you up too easily.

Add a new stat: "Rage"

Zombies are attracted to Rage and can detect enraged players further out.

PK's increase the "rage" of the character.

Along with that, make bandits free targets always, and that will take care (in part) of the lassez faire attitude towards PVP.

As for dyng in general, I agree, reduce loot spawns (especially winchester) and dying will become something more to avoid (though it already is much more than an average fps).

In all honesty, i like pvp, its a fun dynamic way to play. But it is redundant. every time i spawned ill walk/sneak my way into cherno or elektro, or even berezino and get shot from a pvper, mind you i just spawned nothing i just get killed. the 2nd thing is, alot of pvpers just camp the whole time. NW airbase a prime example. all good in games but its irritating when its all the time

I bet that if people got their way and made this into some semi-rpg like wow' date=' with special abilities for those with high humanity, and safezone for trading. You will kill it.

Don't take away the dynamic of this game.

[/quote']

I can't do anything but agree here. All safezones and trading areas should be player-created and player enforced.

It only takes 1 death to take someone back to a level playing field.

It's skill, patience, and experience that will get someone ahead

I think the difference between what we call zombie survival and pvp with zombie in the background screaming are very different things, what this mod will never achieve because this would be far to difficult to even put into any game even if made by godly developers is humanity and morality. Sure you can try but a players choice will be driven by what his gut feelings are in the current situation. Does he actually have a chance to die in real life if he starts a gun fight? No ok so he wont care now and start shooting people because to him there really isnt much of a loss only a few hours of clicking and some frustration few choice words.

However those who do cooperate Ive found will easily kill if given a reason to kill and play as If it is the end of the world. Example - One night 3 friends of mine and I were grouped up with a group of 6 other coop players. Someone called out zombies to the west, one of my friends who wasnt very bright turned to the west and shot their leader by accident... this later turned into an all out gun fight that ended up with only a few left living from both sides.

That was the trust of each other being broken by one mistake. Now that I would say was my fav moment of this mod. Sure I died with an ak and alot of other gear. Sure I was frustrated but never have I ever felt a zombie survival game capture those types of moments till this mod.

Still stands that pkers that kill to kill ruin that feeling rather quick.