NguyenSanity

Shooting Filled Jerry Cans

I got a fairly simple idea. I've already used the search and I did not find many threads that were closely related to this idea. Everyone know's that Jerry cans are made of plastic and are always filled with gas when you find them. I'm thinking that, if you shoot the Jerry cans, they explode in a small radius. I'm not calling for something the size of the satchel charges, no, I just want some quick way to cause fun destruction. Also, maybe add a small fire in the radius of the explosion, since it is gas. The fire should also do some damage to players and zombies. This will allow people with low ammo a way to survive, if only if they could find a Jerry can, and you could carry and drop a Jerry can in places to blow them up later. It should take multiple shots (gun varies the shots required to ignite a Jerry can) so a person with a makarov can't just go around blowing up Elektro with an explosion with every bullet. Of course, empty Jerry cans would just not create any explosion, but there's no way to know when you are being chased by zombies except to shoot it a few times

Or, don't follow my ideas at all but still add exploding Jerry cans. PLEEEAAASE. THINK OF ALL THE FUN WE COULD BE HAVING

• Like 1

Shooting a full jerry can would only produce a leaking jerrycan, not an explosion...

• Like 1

I think about this yesterday and could be a great visual + tactical idea, better than bear trap xD. Is good vs humans and vs infecteds. I approve this.

Shooting a full jerry can would only produce a leaking jerrycan, not an explosion...

morphine autoinjector doesn't instarepair bones xD. Open your mind :) Edited by xdbro

I think about this yesterday and could be a great visual + tactical idea, better than bear trap xD. Is good vs humans and vs infecteds. I approve this.

#2 morphine autoinjector doesn't instarepair bones xD. Open your mind :)

Which im also against, however i've thought of what you call "broken bones" as a sprain and as such, morphine would do the job, although its overkill.

Which im also against, however i've thought of what you call "broken bones" as a sprain and as such, morphine would do the job, although its overkill.

Cars now run on oil, alcohol, and liquid explosives. Because Russia.

jurry cans are made of metal, i read it on the discription in-game...

I got a fairly simple idea. I've already used the search and I did not find many threads that were closely related to this idea. Everyone know's that Jerry cans are made of plastic and are always filled with gas when you find them. I'm thinking that, if you shoot the Jerry cans, they explode in a small radius. I'm not calling for something the size of the satchel charges, no, I just want some quick way to cause fun destruction. Also, maybe add a small fire in the radius of the explosion, since it is gas. The fire should also do some damage to players and zombies. This will allow people with low ammo a way to survive, if only if they could find a Jerry can, and you could carry and drop a Jerry can in places to blow them up later. It should take multiple shots (gun varies the shots required to ignite a Jerry can) so a person with a makarov can't just go around blowing up Elektro with an explosion with every bullet. Of course, empty Jerry cans would just not create any explosion, but there's no way to know when you are being chased by zombies except to shoot it a few times

Or, don't follow my ideas at all but still add exploding Jerry cans. PLEEEAAASE. THINK OF ALL THE FUN WE COULD BE HAVING

We are in a military simulator modification... and if you listened in life you'd know that a full jerry can/any container full of gas will have a low chance of exploding. Keep in mind it's still flamable, but not really explosive, you'd have a better chance of the can exploding when it's empty, because it's not the GAS that explodes, it's the GAS FUMES given off by it that do. Also, the chance of a bullet actually making a spark on the can, regardless of whether or not it's metal, if very low. Mythbusters guys, watch that shit.

But all the crap aside, I wouldn't mind at all if this was implemented, as long as we could throw them into place for traps as well! ^_^

Edited by CarloNord

Have you tried it? They burst into flames with a few shots from a rifle.

Might I suggest testing to see if your suggestions are already implemented before posting them?

Your servant,

Weld

morphine autoinjector doesn't instarepair bones xD. Open your mind :)

Well that is true but to be honest i fell no more then 2 feet and i had a broken leg so... its a bit stupid if i have to wait 6 weeks after using the morphine autoinjector to be able to come out of prone XD