Sign in to follow this  
DedMan

Currency, Trading and Construction

Hi,

I have a few ideas on how to improve certain aspects of DayZ (not that its a bad mod just to make it a little better).

My first idea is a currency system using Russian Roubles which I think would be suitable.

Another idea which runs hand in hand witht he currency system is a trading system in game where players can trade with other players easier than dropping items or using pack and campfires. Maybe a quick menu selection to invite to trade or something similar.

And the last idea is off the topic of currency and trading but is still in my opinion a visable idea. I think that being able to construct buildings like a store room, shacks etc etc would be a great addition to the game. And to build them you need to accuire the items like nails, screws, wood, metal etc and to make it so that buildings arent randomly everywhere make nails and screws hard to find or an item of your choosing.

I hope my ideas were acceptable and seeing them in game would be fantastic.

Cheers,

DedMan

so you think money is worth anything during a zombie apocalyps ?

i'd rather pay with beans than money o0

GL trying to buy stuff in a supermarket invaded and destroyed by said zombies

Maybe there could be some mysterious AI trades men that fly's around in a heli smiting zombies with a mini gun (The heli is invincible, but it looks damaged, it would have a machine gun attacked and be locked to any player) , and when you get a radio you could call him, kind of like the Resident evil trader. But less "Whatcha buying? Whatcha selling?" He would basically hover over you as you get a war welcome type of trade list, not for money through... Maybe every time you loot something you could have a event like "You found some caps" or something. Maybe tin cans could be stackable to infinity and you used that, I dunno but it sounds pretty nifty, of course coming back to the trade list there would be no military level weapons, only commons, you could get military level ammo, but not the rare heli dropped ammo, food, yes, water, yes, tools, mostly, stuff like tents or heli repair items are a no no, also the items should not be infinite, he should have a stock.

Sorry for bad grammar and no paragraphs, Iam a lazy sumufabitch.

Rocket has stated that he doesn't intend to add any kind of currency to the game. To paraphrase him: "Would the first thing I think to myself in an apocalypse really be 'oh man.. I really need to go to the store and buy something' Probably not."

He intends for the players to make their own bartering system using ingame items, and he's working on some things to make that better.

Overground building has been ruled out as it completely destroys performance server side, instead he's toying with the idea of allowing the building of bunkers underground in their own little instances. So that at least will probably happen in the future.

I recommend watching this: