Sign in to follow this  
Gruelius

Anyone ever had a pulp fiction Divine Intervention moment?

I am of course talking about this scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSmqxPuF-Xk

I was at balota airfield, just spawned and was looting one of the small industrial buidlings (with only one door). Anyway just finished opening the loot pile and this guy runs in, spams about 8 mp5 rounds while i look up and start firing shotgun, he ended up firing about 12 rounds total and NOT ONE hit me!!

We both had ~200ms ping, i think it was just that he was aiming using the crosshair not aiming to the right of it plus he had started firing while the gun wasnt aimed.

Any stories like that? Didnt have anything to lose so wouldnt have been burnt, was pretty cool i came out unscratched tho!

I somewhat had a similar one. I was in Cherno and I was climbing the ladder to the big building near the construction site, and was getting shot at by someone. I didn't know where or why but I was, and I was sorta scared. After a while of being on the roof i stood up and started moving around in circles to see where he was shooting from. He couldn't shoot worth shit, I was worried i was moving too less and he still couldn't hit me. eventually I figured he was shooting from the fire station. I started running up towards him behind cover and such and eventually got within enough range to shoot him with my lee enfield. I was able to walk towards him while shots were falling on the walls near me (I felt like Gus Fring from Breaking Bad :V) and shoot him twice in the face. I guess it would be understandable that he was so bad at shooting if he was doing it on purpose, but I swear it happened. xD

Oh yea, I walked out of a hanger in the Nw airfield and I heard 20 shots land all around me. I turned twords the control tower and shot him with my hunting rifle.

Was pillaging the northwest airfield with a FN FAL and a 1911.

Saw a sheep on the southernmost part of the landing strip and I was almost out of food. I know it's dangerous to go out into the open in that airfield but I decided to try my luck and gut the sheep. Shot it dead with one bullet from my trusty sidearm and all of a sudden I was being shot at by something that sounded like a fucking cannon. I started sprinting like a mothafucka in sicksack while the sniper kept firing from a small hill nearby. He stopped firing a few shots later, he was either reloading or I ran out of sight. Decided I'm gonna try to take the fucker out so I ran around the hill and flanked him. The stupid son of a bitch was still looking down at the sheeps direction when I put a burst in him from my FAL. Went to loot his corpse and couldn't believe my eyes. He had a M107 and a silenced M9 with plenty of ammo, THREE sets of NVGs, GPSs, rangefinders and four ghillie suits. He must've been out there for a long time and killed plenty of people to get that kind of gear.

Only my 2nd day of DayZ so I was feeling pretty good about myself after that :D

Fresh spawn last night so I load the new 1.7.2.1 patch. Not really many servers happening, so I join the only uk server playing 1.7.2.1. It also only has a few players on it - spawn cherno and i'm pulling the inevitable z train from spawn as they aggroed pretty much instantly. Its dark so I have my torch out, make it to the hospital and i'm fired on immediately, i'd guess an ak of some discription, get clipped a few times but duke round the side and use my only bandage & shout out a bit of abuse in DC as I was unarmed. Make a break for it and get to fire station, call out in DC to a guy I see heading round the back to help me with more aggroed Zombies, run round the back in time to see him disconnecting - oh well..

manage to hop over the sandbags at the bottom of the tower and an english lad comes in as i'm making my way back down from the tower, nothing but shite spawned in it, no weapons, nada.. he's panicing about the Z's down stairs Ia sk him to give me a blood transfusion and he does, i'm thinking to myself "is this the guy who blew the load at me at the mash tents?" we go our seperate ways and i head back to the hospital. As soon as I get round the back i'm opened up on again, I get into the first tent and there is still nothing of use spawned. I call the wanker out again and tell them they can't shoot for shit, this time our friend finds his mic after I shout at him for about five minutes telling him to finish me off. T

urns out he's a barbarous easter european cunt, but he speaks not too bad English - I tell him in chat he's nothing but a wanker, camped shooting unarmed fresh spawns, all the time waiting for something to spawn of use to me in the tent, an AKM spawns on the floor with no ammo, that's it, i'm fucked basically his friend finished me off - had ammo spawned with that gun, and if you're reading this my friend camped on the roof - you would of been completely fucking pasted.. wanker.

Edited by Calibre

First time I found a gun it was a shot gun in a barn. I'm in prone as I get up to it not wanting to alert any zombies, i get the wepon and turn around to leave the barn only to notice someone standing a bit outside the door pointing a cross bow at me. I call out to them, and say "hey", they shoot my and my character faints, but i think because I was prone already they didn't know if they hit me or not. So they run away afraid I might start shooting. Since I'm fainted they must assume I'm dead and walk up to me a second later, just as my faint timer runs out. I'm like spamming the button to stand up as fast I can trying to get to my feet the second I can and as soon as I'm no longer fainted I'm getting up and firing off my shot gun as much as I can, missed every shot because I was shaking and my character was moving still getting up as well as it was my first time trying to aim a gun in this game, lol. The dude freaked out and booked it out of there. After I was on my feet I ran in the opposite direction.

I just googled "DayZ divine intervention" after the following events, and stumbled upon this topic. Had to leave a reply.

I was looting the military tents at Berezino. It was night and there was heavy rain, and as my temperature was dropping I decided to make my way to the apartment buildings near the supermarket. On the way there a zombie stepped on me. I did not see it as I did couldnt see much in the dark. I popped a few rounds in his chest and ran for the buildings. On the top floor I decided to eat my remaining meat and log out for the night. Just as I was stuffing the last piece of mutton down my face it happened.

A guy walks in the room and unloads his assault rifle on me at point blank range. As I was recovering from a minor cardiac arrest I wait for the inevitable words "You are dead". Instead the onslaught stops, and as my attacker reloads I return the favor by firing my trusty m4a3 CCO at his face.

1208 blood left, NVGs, M9 SD with ammo, L85A2 AWS with loads of ammo, coyote backpack, GPS and some meat.

Waited a couple of minutes to see if he had any buddies hanging around, but luckily not.

Pretty sweet score I think.

i once was in three valleys and someone with an axe chased me, he was extremely close by and followed me, also i had all the zombies aggroed

i decided to turn around when he reached me, and then he was set back about five meters from a server desync, leaving me time to put two makarov mags into him

T'was in Elektro north fire depot with a hatchet and a band-aid made my way across the east courtyard and got shot at least three times by a gentleman with an M4 taking me down to 2k blood. Made my way inside the departments third level and just so happened to find a Kobra saw someone on the second story roof and waited for a clear shot, I heard some gunshots and turned around to investigate and found his partner dispatching Zeds in the courtyard and took him out.. about 1 minuet later waiting for the other guy to try and take me out I decided he must've left and made my way down checking my corners just in case - turns out he was camping in the southwest corner of the bottom floor waiting for me. I must have caught him while he was wiping up a line of bullshit before I unloaded on him, that's when he started crying about me D/Cing for a better position.

Made my way out of the city with 2k blood an ALICE pack, M4A3 M911, adequate ammunition, and a full toolbelt. And two more notches on my mouse...

Yea, I was running out of elektro and started getting shot at by a DMR, I serpentine ran up the hill while this sniper shot at me at least 15 times. He missed every single shot and I ran up close and put an enfield bullet in his skull. Not before he could DC though...

Had a similar sort of incident today, when I was running towards a village near cherno to meet up with a friend, in the middle of the night. A guy unloaded on my while I was running through the forest from quite close range, but all of the spray missed. I then darted behind some foliage, and through the thermal sight of the L85A2 AWS (luckily found in a heli crash site earlier) I could instantly see him prone in a bush so I put a few rounds into his head and get the kill. However, he unfortunately logged, so I didn't get any loot. He must've had a pair of NVGs to see me in the pitch dark, which my friend would've found very useful.

Sorry to Ressurect this topic but I just had one of these!

Im crouch running around the wall of the NW Airfield, expecting to get shot as soon as I pop my head into the perimeter..

When suddenly, I hear a MOTORCYCLE! I immediatly sh*t a brick and hit the deck, it gets closer....and closer...

Then suddenly, I spot a guy in a Guillie Suit on a bike...and he DROVE RIGHT BY ME! I pop 5 DMR shots at him and he falls like a sack of potatoes.

I deal with the zombies it had attracted and walk over to him to inspect my goodies when suddenly *pop pop* OH SH*T! I hit the deck and I spot a guy near the gate popping shots at me.

AAAAAND....They ALL miss! I Proceed to put a bullet in his skull. I run into the woods,lose the zombies and watch the bodies for a bit. I hear the third member of their gang hop on the cycle and sped off

like a bat out of hell. I collect my goodies, hide the bodies, and get the hell out of there. Safe to say I felt like I was gonna vomit my heart.

In hindsight I should have taken a screenie for proof before hiding the bodies but I was panicked lol.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Just had my divine intervention moment tonight.

I was making a fuel run to the Krasnostav airfield at night. It was a low pop server and I had on my NVG's, so I felt safe and got sloppy. Didn't check the field with binos, just cruised up to the ATC on my motorcycle.

At first I think I see a crawling zombie spawn at the base of the ATC, when suddenly it erupts in puffs of smoke and bullets whizz by me. Holy shit, I think, that's no zombie, that's a player! I frantically make a u-turn, mashing shift and w for speed, as bullets continue to impact around me. I keep hearing them as I speed away down the airstrip, the guy must have fired an entire magazine at me, maybe two. I think it was some kind of SD weapon, hardly made any noise.

Somehow, through absolutely no skill on my part, I speed off into the night without a scratch. Motorcycle was untouched as well. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.