Sign in to follow this  
riwa

3 simple questions

Hi I just got the game yesterday. Kinda buggy but great :). Anyway have some problems kinda often.

One is that rly often sprint button stops to work. I can still double tap but cant run fast crouched etc. Have to quit to fix this. Anything else? Load time is terribly long

Second is when you die. It says go to the player menu. I always end up quitting cuz nothing happens. Cant respawn, cant restart. Sometimes works to: disconnect -> disconnect -> And go again in in player list.

Final. How does chatting work? When I press CAPS I see an icon and the letters "group". Does that mean the group will hear it no matter how far or just within proximity?

Thanks

1. Its called getting tired. 2. You need to abort back to player list and go back in. 3. You can only chat with people in your vicinity on most servers.

Its in Alpha stage, bugs must be expected.

1. You can't sprint while crouched. And if your character is already fatigued, he can't sprint any faster than jogging speed.

2. When you die, do ESC -> Abort -> Disconnect -> ok (or whatever makes you go to the game from player list)

3. Caps is default for speech button. Press . or , as long as you get the white text "Direct Communication", and talk to your mic. Everyone around you will hear it (like max. 50m from you or whatever).

Try hitting shift twice. Sometimes fixes the sprint thing. Other times it depends on the terrain. If you're going even slightly uphill your character won't fully sprint up it.

You need to abort, then disconnect, then go back in through player list

Don't talk in group chat. Very annoying. Use "Direct Communications" only to talk or "Side Chat" (Don't use voice chat in side chat though) if the server has it enabled. More often than not though, Direct Communications is the only one that should be used. Only people in your vicinity will hear you. I believe it's 80m using voice and 20m typing? Hit the "." button until in the bottom right "Direcft Communications" is selected. Then use "/" to type or "CAPS" to use Voice chat.

Edited by Dancingg

Thanks for the answers. Ye I understand that I cant run uphill. But this bugged recently happened on a new char when I had just died. It was in town and as I already stated I *can* sprint with double forward but NOT with shift. Thus the fast crouch movement is obliterated..