Sign in to follow this  
BANANA (DayZ)

Noob question.

Hello everyone!

I have been playing dayz for about 3 days now and I have been seriously having troubles getting in towns or areas without always alerting zombies. I don't know what to do, I want to go in take the loot and go out without always wasting unnecessary ammo. I sometimes go prone and go from house to house, however I still get spotted and I am a easy target. I was just wondering if you guys have any tips or so on what I can do to raid successfully!

Thank you! :D

Dude, if you sprint past a zombie (in real life?) then he'll clock you and try grab you. Same in DayZ. You want to be keeping crouched as you approach an infested zone, and go prone as you pass through it / loot the buildings in there.

Otherwise, look at the eye and ear HUD symbols. The more bars, the more you're gonna be seen/heard. Have a play around to get the hang of it!

edit - satire makes some people all butthurt.

go slow, take it easy and crawl, easiest way if you dont wanna alert any zombies, while you lay down and crawl you can get REALLY close without alerting them but it does take a long time to get anywhere that way.

but its either that or get chased(and die)

when im in a down i always walk crouched if nothing else (holding or dubble tapping shift) unless ofc i feel lazy and take the bigger risk and may die. which ofc is only my own problem if i do (ushally)

Crouch walk alot (Hold shift) around and if absolutely necessary begin to crawl, but keep your distance because they just might see you anyways.