Sign in to follow this  
Triaon

Zombie aggro?

Hi, do you guys think that the zombie aggro is too op.

i tried when i was in elektro with my brother and cousin that they like raped us only because of the hordes coming in, when we finally got them killed, one was dead, two was very low on blood.

notes this was on a regular server and what is the differnent between vet and reg?

sorry for my bad english

Sneaking is essential now, you need to hide behind objects, crawl and stay out of their field of vision. Pay attention to the visual number on the debug monitor.

Vet servers usually have no crosshairs or name tags. Expert servers will have no 3rd Person, no Crosshairs, etc.

Zombie aggro's actually not bad now. If you find a darker server you can pretty much sneark around without anyone seeing at all. Pay attention to your "Visibility" number in your debug window. Higher it is, the farther a zombie will aggro on you if you're in their line of sight. Pay attention to which way they're facing and plan your route accordingly. Otherwise if you're in a group you may get away with rushing in a building, looting fast, rushing out, and killing zombies out of town.

tbh some of the zombies and we are talking 1 or 2 per town gets some aggro glitch, now that i mostly look for stealthy weapons and wield them like an axe or such its not a big problem, but i could understand that it would make a guy angry who is really good at sneaking as me and my friend deffo was, if he had no stealthy weapons. got the game yesteday, my char was 6 hours alive if not more before i failed against zombies, my own fault though.

Some see through walls, but its not so common, id say, even by crawling through almost a whole town as me and my friend did, it was actually fun, you gotta sneak now, so you gotta adapt to that, you cant just crouch walk, which would also be unrealistic :)

DayZ has good zombie aggro, its realistic, sometimes it glitches but its not all the time, and sometimes its my own fault aswell, you just gotta stay prone when wanting to loot stuff, or run like crazy and lose them through buildings and such, because despite what other people say, it is still possible to run away from them, i jog away from them but i think my speed animation is bugged and i run faster than my friend when he sprints lol :D

Zombie aggro is broken to hell.

When I lie 100% still in prone mode a zombie sees me from 50 meters away. Yeah right.

"Sneak better" lol

How about "It doesn't really matter?" I run circles around zeds, quite literally.

its very easy to sneak and hide now. only rule of thumb is NEVER run on roads. soon as you run on a road everyone hears you.

Zombie aggro is broken to hell.

When I lie 100% still in prone mode a zombie sees me from 50 meters away. Yeah right.

"Sneak better" lol

That never happened to me, and neither to some people I played with. I usually crawl like 10 meters close to a zombie and they never see me, try to sneak up from behind them not in front. But still I crawled a lot of times right in front of them and they don't do anything.

If you are in a city like elektro with a hatchet is really easy to kill a horde of zombies, just get into a building and wait for them near the door, they still can't run inside buildings.

Edited by sebastian.w

its a bug and will be fixed in 1.7.2.2

Sixupdater just updated my DayZ to 1.7.2.3, and lot of servers seems to have done the same, i was checking the changelog and it says the zed's player detection was reduced by 20%.

Edited by sebastian.w

Zombie aggro still broken. I stopped playing after trying out that visual system. It was horrible. I think if the devs would have played the game even 5 minutes after introducing the new system, they would have known to take it out immediately. So I logged in today and now some zombies still aggro from way out in the distance (even from inside/behind buildings), and some zombies won't aggro even if you run 5m right in front of them. I hope they fix this soon because I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say I am losing interest in the game ever since the 1.7.2 patch.

Zombie aggro still broken. I stopped playing after trying out that visual system. It was horrible. I think if the devs would have played the game even 5 minutes after introducing the new system, they would have known to take it out immediately. So I logged in today and now some zombies still aggro from way out in the distance (even from inside/behind buildings), and some zombies won't aggro even if you run 5m right in front of them. I hope they fix this soon because I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say I am losing interest in the game ever since the 1.7.2 patch.

now i can crouch run next to them, combine prone, crouch, crouch run, and use tactics i guess, to me it lies naturally, its very rare now that zombies ever notice me lol

now i can crouch run next to them, combine prone, crouch, crouch run, and use tactics i guess, to me it lies naturally, its very rare now that zombies ever notice me lol

The zombies are broken. They are not noticing anything. Only a few are acting normal, the rest stand there and wait for death. The game is a Deathmatch now. Zombies are EZ.

The zombies are broken. They are not noticing anything. Only a few are acting normal, the rest stand there and wait for death. The game is a Deathmatch now. Zombies are EZ.

I thought i was playing better :( lol, now you mention this i think it may be broken, I didn't got notice by any today and I did come close to a lot, even fired a shot inside a building when there was zeds around outside. But I also did see another player running with zombies behind, so not sure whats going on with zombies "senses".

Edited by sebastian.w