wietse02

Zombies are overpowered since patch 1.7.2 (Video as proof)

Dear users,

I've been playing DayZ now for some weeks and really enjoyed it.

The only think which I really hate right now are the zombies. They are aggro'ed too fast since patch 1.7.2.

Before that patch they looked fine, in my opinion.

I made a short video to proof that they are simply said "overpowered" right now.

I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Best regards,

Wietse

Btw, sorry for the voice. My friend was skyping with me and I don't want to delete the whole sound of the video.

Edited by wietse02
  • Like 3

line of sight range = unlimited as it seems :D

you can perfectly prone behind them but not even 100m in front of em

I think the infected would be better if they ran as fast as a survivor did, its sort of dumb that they run like Olympic sprinters

• Like 3

they are not overpowered.the devs tried to make the zombies the main opponent of players.Cause in stead of surviving in a zombie apocalypse,the game now is more like PvP with zombies around!I don't care,i like PVPing and i like the fact that i have to loot and fight for my life.I think the devs want to make it a survival game again,to make it You vs Zombies,or even You&Random Survivors vs Zombies.It's annoying that the zombies will spot you from Electro while you are in Kamenka,but it'll make you think again befor you run after a survivor,or shoot him.They try to make the Aggro your main concern,not bullets.

• Like 2

Dear users,

I've been playing DayZ now for some weeks and really enjoyed it.

The only think which I really hate right now are the zombies. They are aggro'ed too fast since patch 1.7.2.

Before that patch they looked fine, in my opinion.

I made a short video to proof that they are simply said "overpowered" right now.

I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Best regards,

Wietse

Btw, sorry for the voice. My friend was skyping with me and I don't want to delete the whole sound of the video.

They are overpowerd but if you could see the zombie then the zombie should see you if his head is pointing in you're direction so its logical!

I don't think this is really a problem. I've had a lot of luck just sticking to other objects and trying to approach towns/villages from better angles.

Plus you hadn't just spawned in.

• Like 1

I think the balance of making them too speedy and having the exponential sight calculations is a bit off as well. Though you can lose them fairly easy in towns and they don't seem to hear gunshots as well anymore. Though with your rifle they would probably agrro from Bolota lol.

• Like 1

I think the infected would be better if they ran as fast as a survivor did, its sort of dumb that they run like Olympic sprinters

At first they did but because their animations where really basic and slow rocket speed them up to make the animations faster!rocket already has the new animations for the zombies he just didn't implement them yet...

Edited by Alex__2

I'm starting to wonder if the new "exponential sight range" is like exponential light falloff, which never really gets to 0 even far far away.

That might explain why zombies see people from hilarious distances now.

Or if there is actually a maximum range in the equation somewhere. But if there is a max-range, it must be really high at the moment.

I didn't really have any issues, though I think that something isn't working just right with the 50% reduction through objects (sound)

Still easy to kill

I think it's good in a way, since you can't just walk out in front of them and expect to be unseen, but at the same time you could be prone in tall grass and they'd still see you. I've always thought that the zombies needed to pose a bigger threat, but not in a way in which avoiding them is based on luck, rather than skill in sneaking. The game needs a good balance of PVP and PVE, the latter of which is the unbalanced one. I think they're experimenting on how to make the zeds pose more of a threat, but in my opinion, this just makes them down right unfair. Perhaps if they could do a ton of damage or maybe cause infection randomly on a hit, the same way they can cause bleeding.

Yeah.. .i've noticed the odd zed get aggro'd from a long distance away... However, aside from this - their detection as a whole has improved quite alot imo. They don't all see you 100 yards away... its just the odd one - whom is easily to disposed.

I guess if a zed sees you, he sees you. The AI in ARMA generally scans the horizon for targets anyway.

Edited by ScramUK

Wait...you write its about 150m... your visibility was ~133 when you aggro the zombie. Seems reasonable (your max visibility number in the video was ~165)

edit: also i think it was a distance <150m

Edited by Slitter

The zombies have better vision then most people do in real life, to me that is bullshit. Also the zombie hearing could also use tweaking, its impossible to sneak attack a zombie because it can hear even while you're crawling prone. These zombies or "infected" ARE super humans, They have enhanced strength, speed, hearing and vision. On top of that they never get tired.

These zombies or "infected" ARE super humans, They have enhanced strength, speed, hearing and vision. On top of that they never get tired.

And that's how it should be in my opinion. Last patch zombies were only a minor annoyance nothing more.

But Zombies should be a threat. And btw i have not much of an issue walking into towns looting them without aggroing zombies.

You just can't run in and expect not to get any attention

And that's how it should be in my opinion. Last patch zombies were only a minor annoyance nothing more.

But Zombies should be a threat. And btw i have not much of an issue walking into towns looting them without aggroing zombies.

You just can't run in and expect not to get any attention

I never run, never did before any of the patches. I strictly crouch walk yet i still get aggro'd. Plus do we really want Day of the Dead(2008) super human zombies? Cause when you look at it, who the hell wants to be human when you have that kind of power? Edited by khknight

If you can physically see the zombie, wouldn't it be logical that they can physically see you?

No, its more of an issue that a zombie can aggro you while you are in prone position sitting still and they are 10 feet away facing the opposite direction.

Edited by PinkTaco24

The zombies have better vision then most people do in real life, to me that is bullshit. Also the zombie hearing could also use tweaking, its impossible to sneak attack a zombie because it can hear even while you're crawling prone. These zombies or "infected" ARE super humans, They have enhanced strength, speed, hearing and vision. On top of that they never get tired.

thats the way it should be. they should be stronger actually. i liked how they broke your bones easily before.

I never run, never did before any of the patches. I strictly crouch walk yet i still get aggro'd

That's actually what i meant... crouchwalking keeps you at around 60m visibility which is a huge distance. Crouching was way to effective in earlier patches. You could go ~30m by a zombie looking your way and still not recognizing there is someone. But you actually are quite visible when crouching so it should attract zombies.

Standing on a hill, zombie has claear sight, daytime, your visual is at 133, ergo z spotted you.

Everything ok if u ask me.

They're practically Road Runners but without the "beep! beep!"

I lol'd

If you can physically see the zombie, wouldn't it be logical that they can physically see you?

No, its more of an issue that a zombie can aggro you while you are in prone position sitting still and they are 10 feet away facing the opposite direction.

Actually i can't see them unless i have my glasses, my complaint is that all the zombies have perfect 20 20 vision. Which I know a lot of people don't have now a days

Standing on a hill, zombie has claear sight, daytime, your visual is at 133, ergo z spotted you.

Everything ok if u ask me.

Going by this logic, surely it would be more realistic if the zed went through an investigation phase were he moves faster than normal towards you. The reason being, how can he tell you are human and not just another infected?