Sign in to follow this  
Hyper99

New idea for the zombies

I think that the zombies should walk and not run. Though this might make the game too easy, but if you've watched The Walking Dead you see that the zombies walk and that they're in big numbers in mainly cities. The zombies are also most dangerous when they're in big numbers. Because right now in my opinion, it's stupid when the zombies run after you forever, and for me it doesn't give me the zombie thrill, it kinda just make it stupid.

Summary:

- Make the zombies walk and not run

- Bigger numbers of zombies in cities (in groups)

- Zombies can't chase you forever

Edited by Hyper99

I dont have a problem with the zeds running, just not running circles round me until the homein

Well, think about it, this mod has already turned into a deathmatch, doing this would only encourage it, I think zombie sprinting is quite good, and they don't chase you forever, you can hide behind a wall, or go inside a building, or sprint up a hill and loose them. :)

I would want zeds to jog, slower then your jog and another type of zeds what is a walker more common that simply limps towards you.

• Like 1

They need to slow down for the reason that they are so warpy when they run its hilarious. You can't hit them at all while in a field unless you meatshield for a buddy and he shoots them or u let them get around u and shoot them. Mainly, just smooth out their movement and slow them down some. The AI pathfinding sucks so much ass it will need to be fixed before any speed mechanic can be adjusted.

I agree with some ideas above,

There should be more variety of zombies speeds.

I've personally thought they should be able to at least run close to your speed, but not much faster so that you can actually lose them in ways that don't feel weird.

But to compensate for their lower speed, they'll run directly at you, slow you down when you get hit, and draw aggro from closeby zombies.

Supports zombie combat, AND makes them more challenging, while lowering how annoying they are now.