1mpuls3

Surrender-system!

Alright, so I searched a bit through the forums without finding this so I'll create a new thread about it.

For the past couple of days I've been thinking about a surrender-system much like the one you have in vanilla. Press a button, your character holsters any weapon you have and puts his hands on the back of his head. This animation is still in Dayz, but it's broken in 1.5.7. What happends is that he starts the animation by holstering the weapon, puts his hands on his head for a second flat, then all of the sudden he goes back to picking up his weapon again.

Why do I personally want to see this feature fully functioning again? To add to the realism and the fact that if/when you rob someone, the only thing you can do is tell the victim to lower the gun first, then drop it. It's not a good way to do it. With a proper surrender-system, you can rob someone and no one has to get killed in the process.

And, it adds alot to the immersion. Thank you for your time, live well!

If you drop your gear, you can surrender with your hands on your head and they will stay there.

What Skin said should work, alternatively you can just spam whatever key you bound it to and make a funky surrender dance out of it. J J J J J J J J J J J J.

Me still thinks it would be cool to fix the animation so that you could put your hands on your back head even though you have weapons on you. Hands on the back of the had first, drop guns later. IRL those two things would be reversed, but in this game I don't think you need your hands to drop stuff, it's just a couple of clicks away anyway.

Napoleon Solo supports this idea.

It's possible to bind a key to a surrender animation, however, it just raises the hands and puts them down right afterwards.

Only griefers would shoot people who can't shoot. It adds to safety for all.

You need to drop all your guns for that, then the animation is playing correctly. Sadly because there are so many new players they don't even know that you can actually surrender in arma.

You need to drop all your guns for that' date=' then the animation is playing correctly. Sadly because there are so many new players they don't even know that you can actually surrender in arma.

[/quote']

Yep, but with time these players will notice this animation and start using it, I'm sure.

I ain't read any of the content or replies, but with this, I want a "Hostage" feature :P. Tie up the player and drag him with you as Zed bait

+1

Are some days i think to a solution that integrates well in DayZ