Sign in to follow this  
MagicalSkyWorm

Can't load, wrong version, This is ridiculous please help

Okay so 98.9% of all tutorials online are completely retarded and look like they were written by a horde of kids with autism who have no hands and are useing their faces to compose an online tutorial. I managed to find one that made some sense. Installed the steam version, it works because when I open it I can see the @dayz in the top right hand corner and I can view the servers in the server browser, Only down side is EVERY fucking server is the wrong version.

I'm running 1.6 whatever the hell that is and apparently you need 1.6829037429378428930r284-023842308.1123123 or whatever the latest version is.

Before I found out my version was wrong I'd be stuck at the loading screen for fucking ever, at first it was the building character screen, and now it's permanantly stuck at the loading screen and now I can't even acess the fucking game because of some version error.

I've read 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 tutorials and they all are just dumb as hell.

"Here's 3 billion links to a thousand other sites that make absolutely no sense, download all of this so that when you visit satans lair and obtain the staff of zorgon you'll be able to play Day Z! :D"

Shits retarded.

So could someone give me one link, or a simple explanation of how to fix this horrendous bull shit? Because at this point I'm seriously wishing I hadn't bought this nonsense.

Please help.

I think what you need to do is download the latest arma 2 beta patch: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

At the very top in the green bar, click the link to the left. Run it with winrar, or 7zip, or whatever equivalent you have and then double click the application [ARMA2_OA_Build******.exe] in it and let it do its thing. A dialogue will pop up saying that version 1.60 has been successfully applied (or similar). Press OK and you're now running at the right version.

Also, curiously - how do you launch DayZ?

edit: If the latest beta patch doesn't work, as it didn't for me when I just tried it, try an earlier version in the list below.

Edited by Scerun

1) Open Steam and using the Properties of ArmA II and ArmA II: OA go to Local Files and Verify Integrity. It'll download any files that are missing or damaged.

2) Close Steam, right-click the icon for it on your desktop and "Run As Administrator"

3) Run Arma II through to the main menu, then quit out

4) Run ArmA II: OA through to the main menu, then quit out

5) Run Arma: II Combined Ops through to the main menu, then quit out

6) Run SixUpdater and let it do the speed test etc. Exit when done

7) Run SixLauncher, click on "Verify", find a server with a ping less than 200, join the game

8) Wait! It might take several minutes to get through to an actual playable state :)