Sign in to follow this  
Mazzarife

DayZ and Arma2

Is Arma2 worth getting just so i can play DayZ? It's about 15$ for Arma2 operation arrowhead.

Any bad/good things about DayZ?

Should i buy Arma2 or just get the free version? Is 15$ worth the better graphics?

I don't think you quite understand how the game ARMA 2 and DayZ work together. You must BUY WITH REAL MONEY both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead, both of them together are known as ARMA 2: Combined Operations. You cannot torrent one and buy the other, both MUST be bought in order to play online which is the only way you can play DayZ. Stop being cheap and support the company that makes such a good game.

And yes buying the game just for DayZ is worth it, many have done it, you can look through all the awesome gameplay videos that are on Youtube, they aren't hard to find.

But is the difference between the graphics in arma 2 free and arma 2 money version, big?

It actually would be possible play Day Z on the main Hive with only Arma 2: OA, but it's not nessecarily a "legal" way, unless you get the free version but then you got lesser graphics... Next to that the amount of time it'll take you to get it to work really isn't worth spending that $5 extra, it's on sale on steam atm, take advantage. :)

Edited by Hakultair

Steam Sale, you need combined operations.

Get both, it's on sale for $25 today.

I bought Arma II and OA just to play DayZ, and am very glad I did!

ArmA II: Combined Operations gives you everythting you need, currently $23.99 on Steam sale, well worth it.

If you are asking if you should buy it then you should not be buying it (applies to everything in general) . you have to decide for yourself if you want to play. because others opinions mean nothing. some people buy arma 2 just for Dayz and then they complain because it is not what they thought it would be, or they didnt know how hard it would be. watch a lot of videos, read up on it. but in the end you will never know if it is worth it until you buy it yourself, and spend hours figuring the game out, then thats when you can decide if you enjoy it, or if you hate it.

if you want to play with arma 2 free, there is only one extra step and it takes maybe less than a minute to do, if you have a good machine it is worth it to buy arma 2 and OA but if you have a substandard machine then I suggest sticking with OA and arma 2 free.