Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix27

Suck it up, buttercup.

I'm getting kind of annoyed with the excessive amount of posts with people bitching and moaning about every little detail that gets their panties in a bunch. Now for those people I'm talking about who bitch and moan, ill put this nice and slow for you. A-L-P-H-A, this is in Alpha, I put extra emphasis on ALPHA, understand? The game isn't going to be perfect, when its in ALPHA. There is going to be bugs, there is going to be some poor programming, there is going to be a lot of problems period. So instead of giving your insight on how shit of a mod/game this is, why don't you remember the fact your a ALPHA tester and that Rocket and his team aren't gods and can't fix these things at the speed that their coming in. So instead of balling your eyes out cause you lost your precious gear to a bug (God knows I've lost countless things and hours of work to bugs, I'm not complaining), or because this or that is OP, you can suck it up, buttercup.

Like the people stating that Rocket should test his patches before releasing them. Well, that's what we are here for. We are the ones testing them for him.

But as always, people ignore the words ALPHA & BETA. Doesn't matter how many times you throw it in their faces, they want to have a perfect game during those phases.

-Get sick of people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Make a thread bitching about people making threads bitching about alpha.

-Bitchception?

• Like 6

I agree with everything you said. Well I say that but your just plain wrong when you say Rocket and the Dev team aren't gods.

I agree with everything you said. Well I say that but your just plain wrong when you say Rocket and the Dev team aren't gods.

I was implying they can't work like people expect them to.

^

^

^

^

Dont know this was an "Alpha".... Thanks OP.??

Edited by Maca

The internet is filled with spoiled, entitled, fuctards who think just because they dropped £20 on a game so they could play an alpha mod for it that they should be able to play it as if it was a AAA release...

The sooner these idiots leave the project the better.

Those of us who understand why we are here can continue ALPHA TESTING in peace.

• Like 1

The internet is filled with spoiled, entitled, fuctards who think just because they dropped £20 on a game so they could play an alpha mod for it that they should be able to play it as if it was a AAA release...

The sooner these idiots leave the project the better.

Those of us who understand why we are here can continue ALPHA TESTING in peace.

Agreed, for all that I care, they can go back to COD and BF3.

I'm getting kind of annoyed with the excessive amount of posts with people bitching and moaning about every little detail that gets their panties in a bunch.

Oh yeah?

I'm getting fed up with posts like this explaining it's alpha, we all know it's alpha. But he the previous version was fine, the only issue with it was the fact that people can alt-f4.

I'd have been happy to take 1.7.1.5 as a finished product.

I'm getting fed up with posts like this explaining it's alpha, we all know it's alpha. But he the previous version was fine, the only issue with it was the fact that people can alt-f4.

No, some people really can't grasp the fact that this is Alpha.

Well, they aren't finished with the mod. And new updates could break it easly. We are the ones to figure out if it did and what got broken. That's the whole point of us playing it. If you don't like that, you could always wait for the finished product.

Well, they aren't finished with the mod. And new updates could break it easly. We are the ones to figure out if it did and what got broken. That's the whole point of us playing it. If you don't like that, you could always wait for the finished product.

I really like the game though, I'd like to just stay on the previous update. It was fine.

Why say suck it up to the whiners while whining about them? Being the mature alpha testers we all are (yeah right) shouldnt we be able to suck it up when it comes to all the daft threads from people not understanding its an alpha. Like the guy above said just dont read/reply to them. These kinds of people are to be expected. Moreso with an alpha mod. Theres finished games out there with worse whiners ffs. I dunno...

• Like 1

Only thing they really should add is fix some bugs, make a delay for Alt-F4ing, and have some sort of anti-cheat script.

I really like the game though, I'd like to just stay on the previous update. It was fine.

You're not forced to update :)

Why say suck it up to the whiners while whining about them? Being the mature alpha testers we all are (yeah right) shouldnt we be able to suck it up when it comes to all the daft threads from people not understanding its an alpha. Like the guy above said just dont read/reply to them. These kinds of people are to be expected. Moreso with an alpha mod. Theres finished games out there with worse whiners ffs. I dunno...

I know this but when I wrote this I was annoyed from reading whiners post, which I probably shouldn't have.

Do you even understand the development process?

I complain about people who complain because complaining is wrong.

Do you even understand the development process?

Do you? I have been a developer for 15 years. You test shit before you roll it out. Doesn't seem like that happens. Alpha or not there has to be some parameters around testing. I tried to play this gave for FIVE hours last night and experienced nothing but complete failure. While we all expect to find "bugs" we expect the overall game to function at some level. This isn't my job. They are not paying me to test. In fact I'm paying them to test.

Note the TESTING phase. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_development_life-cycle

Edited by nacrom

I think people need an analogy here.

You have volunteered to help test a car as its designed.

Sometimes, you get the engine on the bench and test it. Sometimes, it's the brake system. Maybe door latches.

So what's happening, is people are complaining that there is no trunk lid on the car when the dev team wants to see if the new clutch cable works.

Saying its fine now is like telling the design team "ok the ac and interior are great and the radio works. Just release the car now"

Most of us realize that they haven't gotten to how the transmission gearing will work or what size tires the thing will have.

It's in it's infancy, it's only partially finished. It's going to break all over the fucking place.

It's fine that people want to let the debs know that something is broken, and they are soliciting feedback... But as the op said, acting entitled, or as though the mod should "roll back" because you're having less fun or don't like that something is broken or too hard is not the way. Just wait and adjustments will be made going forward, not backward.

Let them focus on the parts of the system they want to add and give it time. Play something else when it's too broken for you... After checking to see if the problems you're experiencing are already mentioned.

Do you? I have been a developer for 15 years. You test shit before you roll it out. Doesn't seem like that happens. Alpha or not there has to be some parameters around testing. I tried to play this gave for FIVE hours last night and experienced nothing but complete failure. While we all expect to find "bugs" we expect the overall game to function at some level. This isn't my job. They are not paying me to test. In fact I'm paying them to test.

Note the TESTING phase. http://en.wikipedia....ment_life-cycle

Actually yeah, we are the testers. Thats how a lot of games are, they release the alpha version and have players test it out and report the problems. If you don't want to accept that roll, then come back when the game is finished.

nacrom....

We are the fucking testers you moron

Edited by Macenzie