Sign in to follow this  
CER10TY

The difference between self defense and cold blood killings

I've always tried to not shoot people because they got important stuff. I've always tried to stay friendly, help other survivors and be the nice guy. But various encounters made me go for the way of being a "semi-bandit".

Before, I had spawned various times in Progorodky, and I always got killed by bandits acting friendly. Eventually, I had to make a decision; Kill others on sight, kill them for good stuff or kill them if they won't respond? I decided to go for everything except the kill on sight.

So, as I respawn, I spawn at the factory outside Chernogorsk, and met up with a sort-of friendly bandit. We team up, and organize ourselves.

He had killed a survivor before and was friendly enough to leave that survivors gear for me, which consisted of a CZ. a map, a compass, a GPS and everything else you could imagine.

Now, as we decided to step down and get into Cherno, he had attracted a trail of zombies. Unfortunately, he died, as I could not support him with my CZ. Two other survivors (I was a friendly survivor back then) approached. My companion died, and they approached his body. Eventually, one of the survivors got up to me. He seemed friendly, but new. The other survivor wasn't, as I thought, with him, and he had my other companions gear.

Thoughts went through my head.. Lose a good companion and let a randomer stroll off with good gear (My companion had an M4, map, compass etc), or kill the randomer and let my companion grab the gear?

After some time of observing the randomer, he tried to attract zombies. Before he could do that, I fired. One.. two... three... Three shots in the head just to be sure. I had enough magazines in my CZ. He died. The other survivor next to me was waiting and watching. For a short moment, I thought about giving him my spare 1911 pistol with 1 magazine. In return, I got a Makarov with 6 magazines. As we waited for the other companion to show up, I saw a guy with a Winchester attracting a horde. I felt extra generous, and offered the new guy a Winchester. He agreed. So, I took aim... One.. Two.. Three.. Three shots once again. However, only two hit. I was sure he bleeded out inside that house, but apparently ot. He shot the last few zombies with his Winchester. He didn't have much time left though. As my other companion arrived, we wanted to move out... Suddenly;

No message recieved for 5.. 10.. 15... 20.. 25... 30... 35... 40 seconds.. I was like "Noooooooooo, not now, come on! I'm having fun!" and eventually I lost connection to the server and decided to stop.

Sorry for leaving you, August and Joint. :(

But, it felt fun killing two players for important stuff. A mix between generoousity and cold blood killing seems to go well.

I had a very similar experience. I was braving Elektro (I made it out alive, Zeds and all!) when I saw a green chemlight pop. I didn't have much choice, as he was in my way, so I waited until I heard him eating before turning around and firing a couple Mak shots. After the usual group chatter of "you asshole" I kill the chemlight ad throw a flare across the (school? office?) hallway. It gave me just enough light to see, but the light was in another room, so I figured someone would look there first (I was totally right too, scored a ton of 45 ACP). On my way out I crawled past the power plant when I saw someone in the tower. I lined up the shot, only to redlink...then Zeds magically appeared danger close...followed by me running...I killed the Zeds and got whoever was on that tower...but I hate redlink.

Yeah, the guy I killed apparently had redlink too, because he was lagging like hell, and even though I headshotted him 3 times he died 2 minutes later, lool.

me and my clan ( we always play togheter, in a group of 7 or 8 ) and we always try to avoid confusion, when we see a group of players and they dont see us, we just keep moving and let them play the game. we only open fire in two ocasions:

1- If the group we see are bandits.

2- Bandit or not, if they open fire first or keep aiming on our direction, looking like he want to shot us.

thats why we are like 48Hrs+ alive and with more than 3k in Humanity.

I've always tried to not shoot people because they got important stuff. I've always tried to stay friendly' date=' help other survivors and be the nice guy. But various encounters made me go for the way of being a "semi-bandit".

Before, I had spawned various times in Progorodky, and I always got killed by bandits acting friendly. Eventually, I had to make a decision; Kill others on sight, kill them for good stuff or kill them if they won't respond? I decided to go for everything except the kill on sight.

So, as I respawn, I spawn at the factory outside Chernogorsk, and met up with a sort-of friendly bandit. We team up, and organize ourselves.

He had killed a survivor before and was friendly enough to leave that survivors gear for me, which consisted of a CZ. a map, a compass, a GPS and everything else you could imagine.

Now, as we decided to step down and get into Cherno, he had attracted a trail of zombies. Unfortunately, he died, as I could not support him with my CZ. Two other survivors (I was a friendly survivor back then) approached. My companion died, and they approached his body. Eventually, one of the survivors got up to me. He seemed friendly, but new. The other survivor wasn't, as I thought, with him, and he had my other companions gear.

Thoughts went through my head.. Lose a good companion and let a randomer stroll off with good gear (My companion had an M4, map, compass etc), or kill the randomer and let my companion grab the gear?

After some time of observing the randomer, he tried to attract zombies. Before he could do that, I fired. One.. two... three... Three shots in the head just to be sure. I had enough magazines in my CZ. He died. The other survivor next to me was waiting and watching. For a short moment, I thought about giving him my spare 1911 pistol with 1 magazine. In return, I got a Makarov with 6 magazines. As we waited for the other companion to show up, I saw a guy with a Winchester attracting a horde. I felt extra generous, and offered the new guy a Winchester. He agreed. So, I took aim... One.. Two.. Three.. Three shots once again. However, only two hit. I was sure he bleeded out inside that house, but apparently ot. He shot the last few zombies with his Winchester. He didn't have much time left though. As my other companion arrived, we wanted to move out... Suddenly;

No message recieved for 5.. 10.. 15... 20.. 25... 30... 35... 40 seconds.. I was like "Noooooooooo, not now, come on! I'm having fun!" and eventually I lost connection to the server and decided to stop.

Sorry for leaving you, August and Joint. :(

But, it felt fun killing two players for important stuff. A mix between generoousity and cold blood killing seems to go well.

[/quote']

Haha it was too bad that the server died on us, i was way reckless in my getaway, dying by Z's... embarassing.. the server didnt recover fully there after, i encountered Joint and his companion some hours later during a megalagg session, i saw Joints friend on a roof fending off Z's in the 20's with an m14aim , i took aim with my makarov and emptied all 4 of my mags, if he died or not im not sure, since the lag apprehended me from finding out, the loot was never mine though.. We should band together sometime, i reside in the north once again, til im strong enough to return to the dreadful coast!

Killing people in cold blood is the best feeling. Honestly, if someone in a group is sporting a fancy new rifle after probably spending hours looting it and you putting a round through their skull and you use said rifle to kill anyone in the approximate area.

Jesus man, there's no greater feeling than being a hunter.