KField86

Looking for serious minded players.

Hey people.

I belong to a small community of people who play all sorts of games. One of them happens to be DayZ. However, peoples hours vary and some of them don't play all that much anymore due to other games coming out and taking their attention. I am planning on starting up a squad of people, who play frequently, are serious about their characters and the game, and aren't new to the game. I'm hoping this post can gather up some heads. A little about me. I'm 26, and from New York. I've been playing this game almost daily for about a month, maybe a little more. I started playing when the Humanity system was still intact. A couple of things... One: I play this game very seriously. I play cautious, and I shoot first and ask questions later. I'm about the meta-game squad play, and getting people kitted out with the things they want, as quickly as possible. I do not support server-hopping, disconnecting from a fight or bitching about whose turn it is to get a .50 cal or things like that. If you Alt-F4 out of a fight to evade death, I'll probably get rid of you. Sorry, I just don't endorse it and I don't want to deal with that mentality. I'm a mature dude, but I'm still in my 20s. I crack jokes, I like to laugh over this game, and generally have fun. To put it bluntly, I consider myself pretty normal for a new yorker.

So, enough about me. Now, I'll turn my focus on what do I want from YOU. My rules-list is fairly short..

1. 18+ -- Sorry, I've invested a lot of time into this game, and I may be stereotyping but most younger kids I come across just generally lack the kind of respect for one another that you need in order to play this game.

2. Don't cry over loot. You'll get yours. If you make the kill, it's your dibs. That's pretty much self explanatory. I'm not a dick, and neither are the guys I play with now. If you want something bad enough, people are generally willing to give an item to you, even if they made the kill and had an interest in something that person was carrying.

3. When you're in game, a serious mindset must come first. Myself, and YOU, can die at any moment in this game. Not only do you need to think of the time you've invested, you have to think of the time everyone else has invested. You have to be able to communicate even in the most tense or dire of situations. If we get outplayed, then that's the way of life. Man up, and hit the cities. There will be times to screw around, and this post may make me come off as a hard-ass but I assure you I am anything but. The only time I expect 100% attention is when we/I know that another player is around.

4. Be mature. And don't be a dick. Easy enough, right? I know for some that's a hard concept.

5. Last but not least: 2+ weeks of DayZ experience.

6. A working MIC. <-- 100% mandatory no acceptions. :)

To end this I say -- There's a reason I'm posting this in the Bandit section. We're bandits. We don't ask if people are friendly, and we always shoot first. I don't condone going to Cherno or Elektro fully kitted out to kill fresh spawns. It serves no purpose for me to do so. If you wish to do so, I won't stop you from getting enjoyment out of your game-time. That's your call. If I find out anyone hacks, or talks about hacking, it's immediate grounds for removal from the teamspeak and anything to do with the squad I intend to run. Period. I also will remove you if for any reason you attempt and/or succeed in killing anyone else on our teamspeak, regardless if they're with our group at the time. Period. What I need is people who take this game as serious as possible while still trying to have fun. A squad takes care of each others backs, looks out for one another, and has fun while doing it. That's my goal.

Right now, only a few of us play at random times, so I know things will start slow. I am aiming to get a squad of 5 or so that have steady, reliable play-times. I also will need to get you on teamspeak and talk with you for a bit. Find out what kind of person you are. We all know this game is brutal. We all know it's time consuming. I cannot risk the time of the people I play with, and my own... so I have to get an idea that I can trust you. If you stab me in the back, fine. I'll take the hit, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'll leave you with my steam ID. From there we can talk, and I'll hand out our TS3 info if you wish to join up. Thanks for your time!

STEAM: Kevin51501

Edited by KField86

In soviet russia, samsung phone owns you.

Edited by KField86

If only u were european. damn yanks. and your timeline!

If only u were european. damn yanks. and your timeline!

I have nothing against europeans. Depending on where you live, our times aren't EXTREMELY far off, it just depends on what time of day you play over there. I play with a brit from time to time.

I know you're not supposed to bump, but I just want to make sure this stays on the front page a little bit longer since it's getting around lunch time for a lot of americans and most people use their phones at work(I do :/). I won't bump it again however. Feel free to PM me or add me on steam. Or leave your information.

Accepted. I'm tied up at the moment, but if you are on a bit later I'll send you a msg.

Well constructed post. I like that. Definitely looks like something I'd be interested in. Added.

Too bad you don't accept under 18's :/ I take it seriously

Add me anyway. If you seem legit, I can make an exception. I should of added that in the OP really.

I second this idea.

I will be joining up the squad as a designated sniper with my 50 later on.

Something that dayz needs are organized teams , Arma is a simulator , built upon realistic teamwork. You cant have people running around as lone wolves , that's not why simulators like this are made for. And im pretty sure when zombie apocalyps hits the world, if it hits. You will not survive one day alone. You must have people to work with.

So we have 2 .50 cals that are designated overwatch now. Obviously I can't tell you you can't be a sniper, but I'd really love to meet some people who prefer being on the front lines with an AR. :)

Edited by KField86

Just added you on steam. Hoping to find some more people to play with instead of waiting for my one friend to come on :P.

Added, it seems like you have a few canidates already. I've a little bit of military experience if that helps bump up my application :P

I've got a small crew of around 2-3 people. If we can get something going between us, I feel like it would sweep cities in a matter of minues. Zeds and players. Getting a clan going? Can you handle this many people?

Not a clan per say but a community of people. WIth a squad built within it. That's not to say we couldn't have multiple groups running at the same time. We have multiple channels set up for just that. Everyone who hasn't added me yet, do so.

This sounds perfect for me. I am an EVE and ArmA (ACE/ACRE) player and am definitely a "guy who wants to be on the front lines with an AR." I don't normally use steam much but I'll go shoot you a friend request.

Edited by CosmicOsmo

Hey, im looking for a group of people to get in with, my last group got disbanded (Really a casual thing). Anyway, ive been playing for a month now, decked as all hell, and i can hit targets at any range within the effective with any sniper (Sounds a little pompous but im more than happy to show you :P). Ive played squad before, and im a great fil in for any rolls, be it Assault, overwatch, spotter ect.

Im in GMT-8 Timezone, and im going out for the night, but I usually game every weekend during the days, and Weekdays in the afternoon.

I have a few camps and can spare a few things to people we can agree satisfy a position in the group. Add me on Steam: www.Steamcommunity.com/id/QuickSkope

Like I said, ill be out tonight, home in around 10 hours from this post (At work ATM).

Thanks for the concideration :)

EST time zone player here, not greedy, like playing cautious and aggressive, plenty old enough and have been playing shooters and RPGS for over 10 years - have a pretty flexible schedule

Just added you. Played solo for a while, getting tired of going into cities with alot of risk. More fun and safer with a skilled group.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

if you are still looking for serious bandits, well...

this is where you caught my attention..."You have to be able to communicate even in the most tense or dire of situations. If we get outplayed, then that's the way of life. Man up, and hit the cities."

I'm not going to type out a big wall of text for you to decipher my playstyle because words are just words and actions speak louder. I am 19, I live on the East Coast GMT -5, i believe. I have a MIC and teamspeak. I Don't bitch when I die. I don't do stupid things to get myself or others killed(shooting prematurely, aggroing a bunch of zeds, etc etc) and I am very good at kitting myself out.

I currently have a tent that i'm willing to pack up and move to wherever we deem suitable. I'm equipped with an m4a1 cco with a revolver as my sidearm and an m24 in my pack that I recently looted in a deer stand.

You seem to play the game with the same mentality I do. I don't ask if you're friendly, I don't kill unarmed survivors (very unsporting) and I DONT sit on the elektro or cherno hills and snipe fresh spawns. I also don't disconnect during a firefight. I believe anyone who does do that shit should be permabanned.

I'm a laid back guy but serious and effective when it matters.

I tried adding you on steam but it says you need to create your player profile, or something.

add me @ hashy larry

hope to hear from you in the future. I should be on tomorrow. Good day.

Edited by Friendlyincherno

Just got back to this thread now and see a lot of updates from people posting. I'll get back to everyone accordingly. Thanks!