v1ktor

Re-work the map? + more

I understand there are many bug related things that are a priority but this should be up there on the list.

1) Cannot drop anything in a building, the item will fall through the ground and disappear, since there are only ~75 different enterable buildings in DayZ I think hard floor collision needs to be added.

2) Make ALL buildings enterable in some way. If rocket is too lazy to add interior I'm sure there are volunteers who would not mind designing/modifying game houses to make some simple rooms (I can do that for every single building)

3) Add bigger cities further north as I can understand why most players never even visit the airfield due to lack of checkpoints (without a vehicle).

4) Add more freaking hospitals around the map! It's crazy that the 95% of all server population is around cherno/elektro region simply because you are a walking time bomb without medical supplies.

+more shit

5) Add a way to lose zombies without running into a building and shooting them/logging out.

6) Add a way to heal broken bones without morphine, yesterday I had 3 on me and ended up having infected break my legs 3 times until I ran out of morphine which caused me to commit suicide in the middle of the map.

7) I do believe that this is being worked on but fix infected pathing.....

8) Do something against clans who steal all vehicles and hide them in the corners of the map.

9) Give a reason to not become a bandit and to not kill all survivors with a weapon on sight.

10) Skill improvements over survival time, this would make players play much more carefully as even those with stashes will lose something when they die. (with shooting you gain accuracy? with running gain more stamina to run at max speed? Blood bags+bandage usage increases total blood? Taking hits increases infection resistance and you would be able to be hit by infected and not bleed?)

11) Add armour with different weight/armour levels (yes, welcome to proper English, armoUr)

12) Fix suits/female characters not being able to wear them (even though they are broken atm anyway)

13) Add a way to customize your character and maybe add custom skins (group/clan colours so we can tell whos friendly whos not)

14) Bring back Bandit skin, without it cities like Cherno and Elektro are a deathmatch zone

15) *******REMOVE******** all the military houses/w.e from cherno/elektro area, force players to go up north to get assault rifles.

Yes! Exactly what he said! Make everything better! Do something! You must! Now!

I mean: a) No. B) Never. c) Can't. d) Next year. e) All of the above.

There's an answer to all of these in the forums. You'll just have to do more reading before posting. If you're too lazy I'm sure you'll find a volunteer to sum it up for you. :)

Edited by greenfist

1-4) It's Chernarus, new maps will come if the game hits "stand alone".

5) There already is, it's just really complicated.

6) Happend to me as well, try to avoid zombies. (If you have 1.7.1.5: update.)

7-8) They are working on it.

9) Give one yourself. ^^

10) Stand alone...

11) Already suggested (there is a thread for it, vote there)

12) That will come, definetly

13) Also planned.

14-15) No.

There's an answer to all of these in the forums. You'll just have to do more reading before posting. If you're too lazy I'm sure you'll find a volunteer to sum it up for you. :)

xD

Edited by Testificate

I like when idiots use the term "lazy" to qualify something they feel should have been done, but into which they have absolutely no expertise.

3D modeling is a job, it takes a lot of time.

I like when idiots use the term "lazy" to qualify something they feel should have been done, but into which they have absolutely no expertise.

3D modeling is a job, it takes a lot of time.

Sorry to ruin your day but "3D modeling" is extremely easy and is offered at every high school in North America.

I myself have been working on 3d models with 3ds max and other tools for about 4 years now (started back when css came out and made custom models of the guns +hands)

Edited by v1ktor

Sorry to ruin your day but "3D modeling" is extremely easy and is offered at every high school in North America.

I myself have been working on 3d models with 3ds max and other tools for about 4 years now (started back when css came out and made custom models of the guns +hands)

Then, work for DayZ. ._.

Then, work for DayZ. ._.

Well if you read my post I said I can volunteer to re-work the buildings. Notice how they are all easy and empty, no bathrooms no kitchens. Within 1-3 hours I can have ~200 new buildings with collision models done aswell.

Edited by v1ktor

Well if you read my post I said I can volunteer to re-work the buildings. Notice how they are all easy and empty, no bathrooms no kitchens. Within 1-3 hours I can have ~200 new buildings with collision models done aswell.

Well go contact the devteam then! I'm sure they'll appreciate your help. Just posting about in the forums isn't going to do jack shit though. You think rocket and co. go around looking at threads for people to work with them? It's the other way around, put that e-mail to use.

Well then why don't you look at modding the Chernarus map, see how it works to change a dummy house into enterable house, maybe make a Max script or something to generate default interiors for the different model types etc.? Like this I think you could contribute. Imo Rocket already said in an interview that removing the dummy buildings and replacing them is something that isn't out of reach but there are other priorities, yet that the dummy buildings in Chernarus disturb him as well.

... Rocket already said in an interview that removing the dummy buildings and replacing them is something that isn't out of reach but there are other priorities, yet that the dummy buildings in Chernarus disturb him as well.

Until then we'll just have to wait, but when the time comes, they surely need to rethink the hospitals situation. I mean before the outbreak how people lived without medical attention ? XD

At least the airports should have some kind of "medical outpost" or somehing like that. And the other towns should have like some basic medical center, like a house or something. Just an idea.