Sign in to follow this  
Knugen

Group system

One thing that most players miss in the game, is a decent group system, especially when playing in a larger party.

I hope that in the future we will be able to create a group in the lobby or in-game, lock it and invite players to it. But the most important part is that you should be able to see the name of the player you'r aiming at if the player is in your group. That way you know that all players that are tagged with their name are in your group.

I'm not sure this has been suggested yet. I've made a quick search in the forums and I didn't find any similar suggestions.

• Like 2

I like it how it is because if your sneaky enough you can just walk into the middle of a random group and see how long it takes to see there is an extra guy with a hatchet out.

I like it how it is because if your sneaky enough you can just walk into the middle of a random group and see how long it takes to see there is an extra guy with a hatchet out.

GL trying that with any group worth a damn in terms of teamwork and awareness

but yes I agree having some type of indicator of party member might cut down on the confusion for most groups

Edited by Sparklefart

That's why we need some kind of a group system like I suggested. Single players have to much advantage today and it's unrealistic not to be able to see if a player is in your group or not.

Edited by Knugen

In my opinion, there should be some kind of identification... since we all look the same in-game. Sure you can change some facial features and race and glasses, but in the end we all look the same survivor with the baseball cap and a vest. Enable ID within X amount of meters within the people of the same group?

Also it could make grouping up a little easier (duh). Direct communication should also have a larger range, if you get within 20 meters of someone they will be most likely (98%?) to shoot you.

Get a custom face.

Obviously if you are all looking like clones it's gonna be hard to realise who is who.

I think the best solution for this would to have an item that can distinguish you. I cant think of what right now, but I do like the whole everyone looks the same for the most part. In Vietnam there were many friendly fire situations, and many deaths due to it. The advantage of being in a group is your numbers, the disadvantage though, is the hesitation to shoot someone because you have to communicate with your buddies "is that you running up the hill" ect. So again I suggest some sort of in game item you can find that you can mark yourself and buddies.

Idea: on no hud servers if you salute to someone and they salute back or something like that the hud for that person will appear. You will still have to aim and check name, but it could help out.

• Like 1

Get a custom face.

Obviously if you are all looking like clones it's gonna be hard to realise who is who.

That may work on very close range, but their's no way to distinguish players on ranges more than 50 meters without a proper scope, since you can't see the facial features on that range.

I think the best solution for this would to have an item that can distinguish you. I cant think of what right now, but I do like the whole everyone looks the same for the most part. In Vietnam there were many friendly fire situations, and many deaths due to it. The advantage of being in a group is your numbers, the disadvantage though, is the hesitation to shoot someone because you have to communicate with your buddies "is that you running up the hill" ect. So again I suggest some sort of in game item you can find that you can mark yourself and buddies.

Idea: on no hud servers if you salute to someone and they salute back or something like that the hud for that person will appear. You will still have to aim and check name, but it could help out.

That could work as long as that item don't messes up your camo and making you visible from far.

That may work on very close range, but their's no way to distinguish players on ranges more than 50 meters without a proper scope, since you can't see the facial features on that range.

That could work as long as that item don't messes up your camo and making you visible from far.

Precisely, how do you expect to know it's your buddy running up the hill with an ak?

I'm in a group of 4 peoples, two women and two guys, one has camo pants and the other the starting outfit. I use an akm and the other lady use a lee enfield.

We don't have much problems figuring who is who.

Precisely, how do you expect to know it's your buddy running up the hill with an ak?

I'm in a group of 4 peoples, two women and two guys, one has camo pants and the other the starting outfit. I use an akm and the other lady use a lee enfield.

We don't have much problems figuring who is who.

There's a big chance that you encounter "enemy" players carrying the same gun as one of your teammates, especially if you'r in a larger group.