Nekan

Video settings - Visibility

I'm obviously new to this game, but can we have the option to turn down our visibility to increase performance? Whenever I alter it I don't notice any real difference in sight range so I'm not entirely sure the option even works at all, which leads to a lower FPS than desired.

I understand that it would leave some at a disadvantage if we got to choose our own visibility, setting it as high as we wanted, so could we just cap it at 1000 and then let us choose to bring it lower if we want, so that we can choose a higher FPS over sight range?

Change your resolution settings for better performance. If you are already on low, then your computer isn't meant to play Day Z.

• Like 1

Visibility is rendered server-side. Your own visibility setting will not influence what you see while using DayZ unless you set it to very, very low distances (<800, usually). Most servers have visibility capped at 700 or so meters, though some higher end ones push it to 900.

if you ant higher fps then turn post processing off, turn AA off and turn texture filtering to low. make sure video card memory is on default(regardless of what gpu you have) and go from there. if you still have performance issues you will then need to change the resolutions, these come in 2 forms normal display res and 3d texture res. 3d texture res takes alot out of your pc but in an ideal world you want this set to as near to 100% your normal display res as possible, if you cant then lower it but it will give a blury feel to the game

I shall mention that reducing terrain resolution will reduce hicups on systems with crappy hard disks, arma use a streaming system to load terrain and objects on demand and unload them when they are not used.

Object quality however there is a balance point where the game swapping object lod will hurt you more than the cost of those object rendering.

Edited by Lady Kyrah