otis606

Is this a good video card?

I checked out my system specs and they seem good but only thing i have wrong is my video card. Im planning on getting a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 PC. Is this good?

Edited by otis606

No ... You should definetly invest more money in a video card ... its pointless to buy an old 8400 GS ...

What do you suggest? I'm willing to pay 120$ tops.

What do you suggest? I'm willing to pay 120$ tops.

LOL, good luck

I got a GTX670 and it runs all games above 50 fps max that I've tried ;D (Cost $430)

i... showed u great cards earlier

$120 will get you a decent card. Nvidia 550Ti and Radeon 7770 are available in that price range. On a sale, you might be able to swing an Nvidia 560Ti or Radeon 6850 even. All 4 cards mentioned should work just fine.

the 8400gs was a shit crad when it was released let alone now which is like 7 years later lol

if your on a shoe string budget but want to be able to play new games the bare minimum will be a gtx560ti or the radeon 6850 as the guy abiove posted. its simply not worth you buying anything else, wait a few weeks and save up another $20-50(no idea how old or what circumstance you are/have). but whatever you do DONT BUY ANYTHING LESS and for gods sake dont buy a like 7 year old card which wasnt even designed classed as a gaming card back then let alone now

dont buy anything else than gtx560 if you go nvidia

gs = application running

gt = a cross over to 3d gaming

gtx = designed for gaming

to put in simple terms. ie the guy who suggests the 550ti, just dont bother your better off waiting a few weeks and getting the gtx

Edited by kruxed

the 8400gs was a shit crad when it was released let alone now which is like 7 years later lol

if your on a shoe string budget but want to be able to play new games the bare minimum will be a gtx560ti or the radeon 6850 as the guy abiove posted. its simply not worth you buying anything else, wait a few weeks and save up another $20-50(no idea how old or what circumstance you are/have). but whatever you do DONT BUY ANYTHING LESS and for gods sake dont buy a like 7 year old card which wasnt even designed classed as a gaming card back then let alone now

dont buy anything else than gtx560 if you go nvidia

gs = application running

gt = a cross over to 3d gaming

gtx = designed for gaming

to put in simple terms. ie the guy who suggests the 550ti, just dont bother your better off waiting a few weeks and getting the gtx

Nvidias branding can get confusing (it's getting silly now) but the 550TI is THE gaming version of the 550, not the other way around.

TI = titanium gaming build (higher clocks, more cores compared to GTX)

Nvidias branding can get confusing (it's getting silly now) but the 550TI is THE gaming version of the 550, not the other way around.

TI = titanium gaming build (higher clocks, more cores compared to GTX)

yes its a slight improvement over the base model but its still a very low end non capable card for gaming. you never buy a ?50 series from nvidia as they are just trash, even more so when a 560ti will cost a few pints of beer more and almost double the fps in any game

ever since the the new branding itts always been

?10-50 is not going to cut it for gaming purposes

?60 is the minmum you want for a gaming card

?70 is pointless if you can get a 448 560, or you are comfortable with manual OC's and getting the ?70 in line with an ?80

?80+ is top end

all the TI and extra memory BS is just there to confuse you, but the above is true about any nvidia release and almost true even back int he days of the 7000 8000 and 9000

Edited by kruxed

yes its a slight improvement over the base model but its still a very low end non capable card for gaming. you never buy a ?50 series from nvidia as they are just trash, even more so when a 560ti will cost a few pints of beer more and almost double the fps in any game

ever since the the new branding itts always been

?10-50 is not going to cut it for gaming purposes

?60 is the minmum you want for a gaming card

?70 is pointless if you can get a 448 560, or you are comfortable with manual OC's and getting the ?70 in line with an ?80

?80+ is top end

all the TI and extra memory BS is just there to confuse you, but the above is true about any nvidia release and almost true even back int he days of the 7000 8000 and 9000

Agreed 300%

I just with they would stop with this mess of branding gpu's it's downright silly.

My favorite is when they refurb older models but with a new fan+slap a fancy name= voila a customer who just want a gpu will belive it's a newer model when in fact the only difference is the god damn fan.

I bought a 560TI a few weeks ago, nothing fancy, I paid what I expected. I can max most games with an acceptable fps around 40 but day z runs like shit in towns :/

Have a good day sir!