griffinz

[MOD] Chernarus Apocalypse singleplayer/co-op - Celery

About a year before DayZ, this mod was made. It can be hosted privately, and played among friends.

It has all the elements, such as limited resources, scavenging, atmosphere...but you have a story, goals, and puzzles to get you moving.

Prologue - Dawn of the Apocalypse

Chernarus Apocalypse - Part One

Chernarus Apocalypse - Part Two

Chernarus Apocalypse - Part Three

Courtesy of Celery (Armaholic Forums)

Can strongly reccomend this mod. It's different from DayZ, no question, but I would suspect most fans of one would enjoy the other.

Well, Celery's isn't actually a mod as DayZ is.

His was all done within the mission, nothing needed other than the mission itself.

He was praised by me and others in the BI forum for the "no mods mission".

The ONLY reason I've tried the DayZ mod, was the fact of a BI Dev offered it. ;)

He is? Go figure. I used to play Operation Flashpoint with him.

I saw his youtube videos a while ago and the mission looked pretty freaky.

These missions are amazing. But you need friends. I have played as the Dog in the second one... pretty fun.

Also do not use ACE with these........... you will die and fast.

I'm getting sick of all the player killing in Dayz, this just might be the mod for me!

Hold on did you say spawn as a dog?

Edit:

In regards to the prologue introductory mission. Anyone have any tips at getting to the broadcast station? I've tried it about 10 times now, and boy it's tough, those zombies have esp even when trying to sneak pass them. They just will not drop after pumping several shottie shells in them. I might as well be throwing a roll of toilet paper at them :s! by the time I get to the station, it looks like the locomotion train dance at a 70's disco, just a line of zombies behind me :huh:.

Ok I just watched a playthrough video on youtube... headshots is the name of the game :sleepy:!

With respect to the mod's dev (celery was it?), this mod, to me, was boring within the first 5 minutes like every single FPS out there. I tried to push through a bit, see what it had to offer, I just couldn't. Tried ep1, boring. Tried ep2...boring. Didn't even bother to check ep3. Heck, I even played left 4 dead longer than that and I hated it. (ps:never listen to your friends telling you that this or that game isn't just a FPS game...).

I'm sure some people do this mod justice, but that's not my kind of game. You see, that's the beauty of Dayz to me, it's NOT a FPS game. How do I know? I fucking LOATHE FPS games, always have, always will...and yet I've clocked insane hours into dayz :)

To each his own I suppose.

With respect to the mod's dev (celery was it?)' date=' this mod, to me, was boring within the first 5 minutes like every single FPS out there. I tried to push through a bit, see what it had to offer, I just couldn't. Tried ep1, boring. Tried ep2...boring. Didn't even bother to check ep3. Heck, I even played left 4 dead longer than that.

I'm sure some people do this mod justice, but that's not my kind of game. You see, that's the beauty of Dayz to me, it's NOT a FPS game. How do I know? I LOATHE FPS games, always have, always will...and yet I've clocked insane hours into dayz :)

To each his own I suppose.

[/quote']

If you weren't playing with other people you were doing it wrong (that's why it had all those different slots, and each slot has different purposes).

Btw, it's not a mod. It's just a series of coop mission using the zombie module.

Celery is the original king of zombies in ArmA2. This was back before ArmA2/zombies were cool. ;)

Celery is the original king of zombies in ArmA2. This was back before ArmA2/zombies were cool. ;)

Arma 2 hipsters: played it before it was cool... ;)

Definitely!

I noticed myself saying that to a friend and it honestly surprised me!

"Yeah man, we played ArmA before it was cool..."

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!:P

but in all seriousness thanks man, I played with a few of my friends. Enjoyed thoroughly.

These game types are strongly reccomended to new comers on the dayz scene. I played them for a while and edited and scripted my own versions to be a 20 player co-op blood frenzy with up to 1/2000 kills racked up in the end :) great fun to play with friends and fully editable when you grasp the editor and script commands! Oh and to the dude that was struggling with the tower part, run like a mofo to the tower and get inside.

I have started tweaking this mission to make it harder and make it so you must have friends no lone wolf shit ! i found the other one did not have replay ability this version im working on has the same objectives but i am adding other ones as well as side missions

you can play it the same way prolly 30 times and end up with 30 different results

tweaked ai

added more zombies to

added more * boogie men & swamp monsters * ( what we like to call them)

added new quaritine zones

added side objectives

tweaked "horde" presence around Chernarus

Our first test run last night tryin the new modified version

I was checking out some gameplay video on this. What is up with zombies walking through what should be solid objects?

Is that 28 Days (John Murphy) music really in the mod? Love that music. Don't they use that for The Walking Dead TV series too?